Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

18 days to go any words of wisdom

18 days to go any words of wisdom

Old Nov 12th 2007, 4:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 18 days to go any words of wisdom

Originally Posted by the greens
8 days till we fly. Feeling alright about the 'big' things like leaving family and friends - last few months we have been gearing up to this. But at the moment it is the little things that are really getting to me like utility companies saying, "ring us on 26th when you need to cancel the house insurance". Well sorry, but I am ringing you NOW to say I want it cancelling 26th. I won't actually be here 26th ! I am having to leave my poor dad a to-do list cause these companies are not geared up to receive calls 2 weeks beforehand in order to cancel things. My head is spinning with gas/electric/phone/council tax/insurance/tax credits/child benefit/tax issues/leaving work/telling DRs/dentists/redirecting mail etc etc. I can't get excited about Aus cause I feel totally overwhelmed by leaving this damn country without owing anybody any money ! Does anyone else feel like this ? OH is faaaaaaar more laid back than me so consequently I am the one who does all the sorting and feels the stress. Any words of wisdom apart from the obvious chill !!
Wine, by the bucket load

Sadly these things usually fall to one partner or the other. Just make lots of lists 'cos it's very satisfying to tick things off!
Good luck
Old Nov 12th 2007, 4:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Amanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud of
Talking Re: 18 days to go any words of wisdom

Originally Posted by martin4414
Hi All

Any words of wisdom
Two words yes

IM JEALOUS !!!!

A xx
Old Nov 12th 2007, 5:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

8 days till we fly. Feeling alright about the 'big' things like leaving family and friends - last few months we have been gearing up to this. But at the moment it is the little things that are really getting to me like utility companies saying, "ring us on 26th when you need to cancel the house insurance". Well sorry, but I am ringing you NOW to say I want it cancelling 26th. I won't actually be here 26th ! I am having to leave my poor dad a to-do list cause these companies are not geared up to receive calls 2 weeks beforehand in order to cancel things. My head is spinning with gas/electric/phone/council tax/insurance/tax credits/child benefit/tax issues/leaving work/telling DRs/dentists/redirecting mail etc etc. I can't get excited about Aus cause I feel totally overwhelmed by leaving this damn country without owing anybody any money ! Does anyone else feel like this ? OH is faaaaaaar more laid back than me so consequently I am the one who does all the sorting and feels the stress. Any words of wisdom apart from the obvious chill !!
I have also come across this problem :curse: I have just written to them all telling them when i am going and giving an address for them to send final bills to (my mum) i am then leaving her with blank cheques to pay the final bills when they arrive. In the meantime i have cancelled all the direct debits cos i have found from past experience that it is much harder to get a refund if they take too much then it is to send a cheque.
Oh and i have kept a copy of all letters sent just in case anyone gets arsy - particularly WFTC who cant seem to get anything right:curse:
Old Nov 12th 2007, 6:23 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

yup i am feeling like that too
spent all day today trying to sort these sort of things and i think i have maybe one that is actually done

i am currently on hold (apparently my call will be answered in approx 17 mins ) and all i want to do is PAY an outstanding bill!!