Reload this Page >

136 permanent visa - sponsoring a parent

136 permanent visa - sponsoring a parent

Old Jan 25th 2007, 10:15 pm
Tess and Des

Tess n Des is an unknown quantity at this point
Question 136 permanent visa - sponsoring a parent

Help!!

I am a nurse and hoping to come in on the 136 visa - I know some of you have had your parents move to Oz but my dilema is this?

We do want to move to Oz - but I am an only child and only have my mum alive. She is only 61 yrs young and although she wants us to have a better life she also - understandably - feels as though we are taking a MASSIVE part of her life away. We have 2 daughters 12 and 9 and we would leave a huge void with going.

Has anyone sponsored their parents in on this visa? If so - how long after you moved to Aus and are there any constraints on sponsoring your parents in i.e. if they pay for private healthcare can they still access everything. I know there is lots to answer but my OH wants to go yesterday but I am a nurse and I cant help thinking that she will not be cared for/nor want her to be cared for by our defunct NHS!!

Oh by the way - she has a partner with whom she has been with 20yrs and I realise they would need to marry to make it legal for them both to come - that is if they want to of course!!
Many thanks - in anticipation

Tess
Old Jan 25th 2007, 10:37 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 136 permanent visa - sponsoring a parent

Originally Posted by Tess n Des
Help!!

I am a nurse and hoping to come in on the 136 visa - I know some of you have had your parents move to Oz but my dilema is this?

We do want to move to Oz - but I am an only child and only have my mum alive. She is only 61 yrs young and although she wants us to have a better life she also - understandably - feels as though we are taking a MASSIVE part of her life away. We have 2 daughters 12 and 9 and we would leave a huge void with going.

Has anyone sponsored their parents in on this visa? If so - how long after you moved to Aus and are there any constraints on sponsoring your parents in i.e. if they pay for private healthcare can they still access everything. I know there is lots to answer but my OH wants to go yesterday but I am a nurse and I cant help thinking that she will not be cared for/nor want her to be cared for by our defunct NHS!!

Oh by the way - she has a partner with whom she has been with 20yrs and I realise they would need to marry to make it legal for them both to come - that is if they want to of course!!
Many thanks - in anticipation

Tess
You could try the immigration forum. I know there's a few threads there.

Cheers

Ginny