Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

12 Year Old Stabbed to Death in Brisbanes Northside

12 Year Old Stabbed to Death in Brisbanes Northside

Old Feb 15th 2010, 10:16 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 12 Year Old Stabbed to Death in Brisbanes Northside

Originally Posted by odyssey
I'm going to find and call her.

I actually saw a boy being stabbed to death in my street when I was 14. He was 13 and had been bullying this really quiet little boy (12) for ages. Tormenting and tormenting him and getting his willy out etc to take the p**S out of him.
The boy was an A student - I will try to remember his name and post the report. His mother was a friend of my mothers.

It was horrendous, he just came at him as we all walked to school. There was no blood at all at first but then there was loads.

It wasn't good at all.

I never really wondered at what happened to the little boy that did it - I can just remember all the parents and his mother walking around our village looking pale. And I can remember everyone saying it wasnt his fault
Remind my again V where you grew up?

Sounds worse than the council estates i was dragged up in
Old Feb 15th 2010, 10:20 am
BE Enthusiast

odyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
Remind my again V where you grew up?

Sounds worse than the council estates i was dragged up in
Yes, its rough. Not like Glasgow rough, but it is exactly like Shameless - infact I know at least 30 people who could fill those parts

I have actually seen quite a few stabbings over the years..... The tales of wales I could tell
Old Feb 15th 2010, 10:20 am
Account Closed

Machiavelli is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello!

I don't post very often now, but I just thought that I should tell you that I'm reading tonight, and that my son is a student at St Pat's.

This has been a devastating day for all the students, staff, and parents.

This is not something that we expected to happen at OUR school, but then I guess we are amongst millions of parents who send their children off to school each morning expecting that they will come home at night.

That won't happen to two of our boys tonight. One family has lost a son. This was brought home to me with a hammer to my heart tonight when my OH came home and kissed me, then kissed and hugged our son. I had to leave the room. I was upset at the thought that there was a Dad who came home tonight who didn't have a son to kiss or hug. And another Dad who was visiting his son at a police station, or at his hospital bed.

Which parent would I want to be?

Neither.

Two children have been affected by this. We may never know the real facts of this 'story'. Two families have been devastated by this, and countless others are left wondering just what went on.

The news crews were out in force around St Pat's today, there was even a van selling hot food.

Apparently this is entertainment for some, profit for others.

But to those of us who have sons at the school, it has been a devastating day, to the staff it has been the most awful day, to our children it has been a day that will be etched in their memories forever, and to the parents of the boys involved? What kind of day do you think they've had.

Please, you are entitled to your opinions, but be mindful that I may not be the only BE member who has been affected by this awful tragedy and who may be reading the forum.

One little boy fatally wounded another little boy. What kind of world are we living in?

I apologise if I have caused anyone any offence.

M xxx
Old Feb 15th 2010, 10:23 am
BE Enthusiast

odyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Machiavelli
Hello!

M xxx
You are not the one who should apologise. Thinking of you and all the children affected today
Old Feb 15th 2010, 10:26 am

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Machiavelli
Hello!

I don't post very often now, but I just thought that I should tell you that I'm reading tonight, and that my son is a student at St Pat's.

This has been a devastating day for all the students, staff, and parents.

This is not something that we expected to happen at OUR school, but then I guess we are amongst millions of parents who send their children off to school each morning expecting that they will come home at night.

That won't happen to two of our boys tonight. One family has lost a son. This was brought home to me with a hammer to my heart tonight when my OH came home and kissed me, then kissed and hugged our son. I had to leave the room. I was upset at the thought that there was a Dad who came home tonight who didn't have a son to kiss or hug. And another Dad who was visiting his son at a police station, or at his hospital bed.

Which parent would I want to be?

Neither.

Two children have been affected by this. We may never know the real facts of this 'story'. Two families have been devastated by this, and countless others are left wondering just what went on.

The news crews were out in force around St Pat's today, there was even a van selling hot food.

Apparently this is entertainment for some, profit for others.

But to those of us who have sons at the school, it has been a devastating day, to the staff it has been the most awful day, to our children it has been a day that will be etched in their memories forever, and to the parents of the boys involved? What kind of day do you think they've had.

Please, you are entitled to your opinions, but be mindful that I may not be the only BE member who has been affected by this awful tragedy and who may be reading the forum.

One little boy fatally wounded another little boy. What kind of world are we living in?

M xxx
that is so sad, thinking of you all tonight.

Old Feb 15th 2010, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by odyssey
Yes, its rough. Not like Glasgow rough, but it is exactly like Shameless - infact I know at least 30 people who could fill those parts

I have actually seen quite a few stabbings over the years..... The tales of wales I could tell
the areas where I grew up are a combination of Shameless and The Royle Family
Old Feb 15th 2010, 10:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default 12 Year Old Stabbed to Death in Brisbanes Northside

I have just been onto the Facebook page for this young man, some of the content is simply dreadful and disgusting.
Old Feb 15th 2010, 10:50 am
BE Enthusiast

shears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond repute

Machiavelli - excellent post. Live just over the other side of the bridge, can't really credit when something like this happens so close to home So very sad for the famillies involved, and all the students and staff of the school. No more to be said really, just tragic

Irishbloo said it earlier, my first thought was that goodbye kiss in the morning, and then never seeing your child again. My 13 yo daughter came out of school crying because her friend goes there and texted with the news. As she said, it could happen to anyone, anywhere.
Old Feb 15th 2010, 10:51 am
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nice Guy
I have just been onto the Facebook page for this young man, some of the content is simply dreadful and disgusting.
I've reported the pics a couple of hours back - some were extremely disturbing and distressing. Isn't FB moderated?
Old Feb 15th 2010, 11:31 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
the areas where I grew up are a combination of Shameless and The Royle Family
My mothers living room and kitchen was like Barb and Jim Royles house!!!
Old Feb 15th 2010, 1:39 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Children killing children
The new report said this was a prestigious school. This means it's unlikely that the perpetrator was from the "usual" type of family complete with social problems.
My heart goes out to everyone involved.
Old Feb 15th 2010, 7:16 pm
Account Closed

copa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NedKelly
I don't, he is a scumbag and if he did it he should be locked up for the rest of his life, just like the Bulger murderers should have been.
maybe he was defending himself as he feared being beaten to a pulp?
Old Feb 15th 2010, 7:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by copa
maybe he was defending himself as he feared being beaten to a pulp?
Maybe, no doubt we shall here all the excuses when the trial starts, unless he just pleads guilty to avoid one.
Old Feb 15th 2010, 8:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Petals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond repute

The sad thing is that going to school has become a nightmare for a lot of children and who knows what the real truth is.

Teachers are not allowed to intervene they have to call the police if there is a problem all down to insurance these days and blame. What we sow we reap, parents taking schools to Court etc has made the schools more dangerous in my opinion.

Bullying has always been around but unfortunately it has gone to another level now.

So sad for both the families I cannot imagine their pain.
Old Feb 15th 2010, 8:13 pm
Recession Surfing 2006 ->

Zambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond repute

The greatest lesson I ever learned was that when your a kid, bullies dont get to beat you to a Pulp they beat you a little.

Even if they beat you to a pulp it still does not kill you and if you still come out fighting they risk losing face and will bother someone else.

Thankfully the case here is the exception rather than the norm.

I have to say its not movie's or video games I bought a knife at 13. Do you think it was because I spent to much time on Pong On my old Atari? I still have the Knife today its been the best knife I ever owned.

Sad for all concerned.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.