Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

£ in for another hammering?

£ in for another hammering?

Old May 9th 2010, 1:45 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute
Default £ in for another hammering?

I see that it's reported today that the EU finance ministers are convening this weekend to approve a EU bailout of the PIGS countries - and that Britain will be obliged to contribute, despite having kept out of the Euro.

Sarkosy is rushing this through on the "Natural disaster" agenda while there isn't a clear British government - and Britain (having signed up to Lisbon) won't have a veto.

Anyone taking odds on war in Europe before the end of the decade?
Old May 9th 2010, 2:02 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Re: £ in for another hammering?

We're keeping a close eye on the £ right now. Our house in the UK has made very little rental profit over the past 5 months, and the conversion rate isn't helping. Lean times ahead.
Old May 9th 2010, 2:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Loch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: £ in for another hammering?

Works for me. I'm buying a house in Scotland and the exchange rate is great.
Old May 9th 2010, 6:30 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Loch Lomond
Works for me. I'm buying a house in Scotland and the exchange rate is great.
Not long before my 1.5 prediction comes true
Old May 9th 2010, 6:43 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wol
Anyone taking odds on war in Europe before the end of the decade?
It's the only way I can see Liverpool FC getting into Europe.
Old May 9th 2010, 6:58 am
Banned

Lord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
We're keeping a close eye on the £ right now. Our house in the UK has made very little rental profit over the past 5 months, and the conversion rate isn't helping. Lean times ahead.
My rental property keeps making me loads of money. My rent is way in excess of the mortgage on it.