Reload this Page >

[NSW] We are being watched

Wikiposts

[NSW] We are being watched

Old Jan 15th 2009, 11:41 am
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: [NSW] We are being watched

Well hopefully that will be the end of that then!

Trying see the good in these people, perhaps they just didnt realise how intrusive it is to have people spying on you? Perhaps they just thought the neigbours were just going to keep an eye out..??

I hope the estate agent gave them a bollocking.. if they told the owner that you were thinking of moving out because of all the spying it might have hit a nerve?

When we first moved in here, our landlord just "turned up" out of the blue... we were home, but it put us right off as we both suspect that if we hadnt of been in, he would have just used a key and come in... OH spoke to him and told him to ring first... we both agreed that *if* it happened again then OH was going to have a few sharp words about our privacy and that this house, whilst under contract, is legally ours to live in and no one else has any right to come in without permission or notice..

Then, over Christmas, Landlord invited us all over to his house for a christmas drink.. it transpires that they have had 2 really bad tenants in a row.. one lot were taking drugs and the next one had a small dog that did a tonne of damage.. not excusing him coming without permission to do so, but it did give it a valid reason that i could get my head around!

Anyway.. I hope the neighbours back off for you.. I would probably still think about seeing whatelse is on the rental market when your contract is up tho.. just in case!

All the best

Em x
Old Jan 15th 2009, 11:45 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emelems
...we both suspect that if we hadnt of been in, he would have just used a key and come in...
My friend here in Sydney found out her LL had been in her property because he'd signed for a parcel for her - had no shame whatsoever.
Old Jan 15th 2009, 11:55 am
mmmmmm duff

MarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of light

It sort of explains a few things - we had a minibus full of blokes knock the door not too long after we moved in. Being a big ugly sod I was not phased in the slightest, and told them to clear off. I'm sure they were sent by him to check up?

I think the estate agent has had words, because he originally said he was coming back early and if we were still here he would be moving in with the neighbours etc. Now he is staying abroad until April. Its good that we know when he is returning, at least we have a definite date to be out by.

Mark