Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

*That* Prank By Ross & Brand

*That* Prank By Ross & Brand

Old Oct 30th 2008, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

MattW82 is just really niceMattW82 is just really niceMattW82 is just really niceMattW82 is just really niceMattW82 is just really niceMattW82 is just really niceMattW82 is just really niceMattW82 is just really niceMattW82 is just really nice
Default Re: *That* Prank By Ross & Brand

Originally Posted by rabsody
You're talking about civil liberties over on your other thread. Surely it's a civil liberty not to get abused and nationally humiliated on live radio by two guys you don't even know referring to having sex with your granddaughter and laughing about you commiting suicide?
The granddaughter is a burlesque dancer in a group called the Satanic Sluts. Do you really think that the revelation that she's slept with some guy is going to be that much of a surprise or indeed any more humiliating?
Old Oct 30th 2008, 11:39 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
I am talking about the emotional upset to the people who were the victims of their crap, and all the other victims of similar sorts of crap carried out away from the public eye. The sort of bullying and abuse that some ugly cretins in society think is fun to phone people up with crank calls and humiliate people for their own selfish sense of fun.
So. Explain to me then, how a show that does exactly that, can be a total ratings winner for nearly 20 years running?

Old Oct 30th 2008, 11:39 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
Totally - and in fact I said about 24 pages ago that I agreed it was wrong. But this is front page news in the UK and, as has been amply demonstrated by the 'dear the BBC' crew in this thread, seems to be important to the diaspora. All over what? The hurt feelings of an actor and his worldly-wise grand-daughter? Seriously - who got hurt? Who was maimed? Who died?

It's like the Diana effect all over again.
Oh look I agree on the media side of it, it's bloody ridiculous. Nice to see the wronged granddaughter has now engaged Max Clifford as her PR and has given an interview to The Sun claiming Brand was rubbish in bed. Talk about a hypocrite! Give it two weeks til she's on the front of all the lads' mags.
Old Oct 30th 2008, 11:40 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MattW82
The granddaughter is a burlesque dancer in a group called the Satanic Sluts. Do you really think that the revelation that she's slept with some guy is going to be that much of a surprise or indeed any more humiliating?
Fair enough but there was no need to get the innocent party, dear old grandad, involved.
Old Oct 30th 2008, 11:44 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rabsody
Fair enough but there was no need to get the innocent party, dear old grandad, involved.
He was involved because they knew him, worked at the same station as him and presumably (possibly wrongly) assumed he would 'get the joke'.
Old Oct 30th 2008, 11:44 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
So. Explain to me then, how a show that does exactly that, can be a total ratings winner for nearly 20 years running?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6TdhWO9f6EY
There is a difference Hutch and you know it.

Some Beadle stuff was funny but there were some i didnt feel comfortable with, but there is a vast difference between that and ringing up an old man taunting him leaving nasty messages about his grandaugther and if you cannot see the difference theres no point in going on.
Old Oct 30th 2008, 11:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by moneypen20
He was involved because they knew him, worked at the same station as him and presumably (possibly wrongly) assumed he would 'get the joke'.
ah ok, i didn't realise they knew him. i obviously didn't read the DM article closely enough! (i was too busy reading the comments! ).
Old Oct 30th 2008, 11:48 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

There is a difference Hutch and you know it.

Some Beadle stuff was funny but there were some i didnt feel comfortable with, but there is a vast difference between that and ringing up an old man taunting him leaving nasty messages about his grandaugther and if you cannot see the difference theres no point in going on.
One person's humour is another person's pain. As for your last statement, have to say, it sounds a bit desperate No need to take it that seriously.
Old Oct 30th 2008, 11:49 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

One person's humour is another person's pain. As for your last statement, have to say, it sounds a bit desperate No need to take it that seriously.
Desperate????
Old Oct 30th 2008, 11:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

How can you make a definite decision without bandwagoning and going on 2nd hand reports.

Anyone got a podcast ?
Old Oct 30th 2008, 11:53 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Desperate????

theres no point in going on.
Old Oct 30th 2008, 11:56 am
I don't give a damn

You've lost me again, but hey ho

Not sure about podcasts Ozzie try You Tube
Old Oct 30th 2008, 11:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Damson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond repute

As we used to say in the playground (which is where these two appear to still be) Good riddance to bad rubbish. Brand is creepy and Ross (no coincidence that it rhymes with Toss) really have been kicked up the backside. It's true that it has been whipped up by the good old press, no doubt about it. And it's astonishing that there have been 27,000 complaints. I think though that it is actually about more than this incident (which was completely disgusting) and that people are really fed up with this increasingly offensive type of muck being churned out in the name of entertainment and people are taking the opportunity of finally having their say. I'm no Mary Whitehouse, but I did complain to the BBC once about the use of W~ker and B~@&*rd on a Police, Camera Action type programme which was aired at 8.30pm. I got a purile response giving some guff about there had been a sudden change of programme and the producers hadn't had a chance to vet it! Yeh, right. I'm glad the BBC are having to eat humble pie finally. I think it's scary that there is a clear age divide in all this ie, younger listeners are non-plussed about it all and many of us oldies disgusted. The future generation are growing up thinking this type of rubbish is acceptable.

Off for a lie down now.
Forum Regular

mydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nice

The show was broadcasted last week, total complaints = 2

Dail (Nazi Facist) Mail get hold of the story, run it continuosly for 5 days number of Complaints>30000.

So of the total 5million people who actually listened to the show 2 complained. Wow!!!!!!!!!
Crazy Cat Lady

You've lost me again, but hey ho
OK life's too short. Never mind.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.