$950 payouts

Old Feb 4th 2009, 9:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: $950 payouts

Originally Posted by viviennef
have you worked in government? it would take 6 years to get an office working "7 20" to administer it and make a plan....
By that time you should have got a committee up to have the conversation though
Old Feb 4th 2009, 10:44 pm

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The Bloke
Why should Turnball care what happens to the plebs? He's a former financial banker, plus a millionaire several times over, so I guess he's got his money safely squirreled away. Add to that the political point scoring. I wonder if the Libs were still in, would they offer the working man/woman, a few extra crumbs?
As ABC says a multi billion dollar package such as this needs scrutiny. What I like about Turnbull is that he made his money and has taken a large pay cut to become leader of the opposition. Compared to other self serving career politicians this means he has some idea of how the real economy works and the impact of poor legislation. Prudent running of the economy is essential.

The last major recession lasted several years. This one is likely to be deeper and longer. Do we keep on borrowing billions and bankrupt Australia with handouts?
Old Feb 5th 2009, 12:06 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by viviennef
have you worked in government? it would take 6 years to get an office working "7 20" to administer it and make a plan....
Admittedly that is very true.

Hence my suggestion in another thread that they just give me the money, and I will spend it.
Might take a few days, but of course I could get my wife to help, and it'll be done by tea-time

Old Feb 5th 2009, 12:09 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by kevin747
March 9th mate. Enjoying my last 5 weeks.
Heard the latest news ? Only those resident in Australia on March 10th will get it.

(Disclaimer: I am not serious in this)

Old Feb 5th 2009, 12:34 am
BE Enthusiast

kevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kporte
It would be the same back in Scotland Kevin, everybody likes " free " money
Point taken.However I have noticed here people are more concerned and anxious about interest rate cuts and handouts than the UK.

I have recently claimed back £500 tax in the UK which was widely known about.
There was not the same public concern as there is here.
Old Feb 5th 2009, 12:37 am
BE Enthusiast

kevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Heard the latest news ? Only those resident in Australia on March 10th will get it.

(Disclaimer: I am not serious in this)
I'm already claiming back the tax payed here.If I get anything is there any e- vouchers to buy folk a drink on this site?.
I'll be happy to do that
Old Feb 5th 2009, 1:57 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Point taken.However I have noticed here people are more concerned and anxious about interest rate cuts and handouts than the UK.

That's because an awful lot of people have overburdened themselves with huge mortgages so that they can own a 4 bedroom house with pool in some bland suburb or other.

The girl I work with has done exactly this: To the extent that even the rate cuts we have had so far haven't made much of a dent in her repayments.

The Australian dream is certainly expensive, and they who dance eventually have to pay the piper...

S
Old Feb 5th 2009, 2:03 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

I'm already claiming back the tax payed here.If I get anything is there any e- vouchers to buy folk a drink on this site?.
I'll be happy to do that
What's with the avatar?
Old Feb 5th 2009, 2:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
That's because an awful lot of people have overburdened themselves with huge mortgages so that they can own a 4 bedroom house with pool in some bland suburb or other.

The girl I work with has done exactly this: To the extent that even the rate cuts we have had so far haven't made much of a dent in her repayments.

The Australian dream is certainly expensive, and they who dance eventually have to pay the piper...

S
Well said! When I make these comments to people they "jump down my throat".
Old Feb 5th 2009, 2:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
What's with the avatar?
My wee lassie!
Old Feb 5th 2009, 6:38 am
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute

Can i ask the question again.

I am a single parent of a 13 yr old child who earns less than 80K
How much would i (hypothetically if you like) get from the government?

Jazzys
Old Feb 5th 2009, 6:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jazzys
Can i ask the question again.

I am a single parent of a 13 yr old child who earns less than 80K
How much would i (hypothetically if you like) get from the government?

Jazzys

You'd get 1 x $950 for earning under $80k last tax year (that's assuming you paid tax, if you didn't you don't qualify)

1 x $950 for being a single parent - providing you get FTB Part B

1 x $950 for the 13 year old - providing you get FTB Part A

So all up, 3 x $950 or $2,850
Old Feb 5th 2009, 7:49 am
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
You'd get 1 x $950 for earning under $80k last tax year (that's assuming you paid tax, if you didn't you don't qualify)

1 x $950 for being a single parent - providing you get FTB Part B

1 x $950 for the 13 year old - providing you get FTB Part A

So all up, 3 x $950 or $2,850
Cheers Wendy, finally, an answer. Has it been passed through now then?

Jazzys
Old Feb 5th 2009, 7:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jazzys
Cheers Wendy, finally, an answer. Has it been passed through now then?

Jazzys

No. Here's the latest news http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/latest/...stimulus-plan/
Old Feb 5th 2009, 8:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Wendy
Thanks Wendy, best not make any plans yet then

jazzys

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.