British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   $9 jeans (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/%249-jeans-750067/)

carolinephillips Feb 29th 2012 3:26 am

$9 jeans

Anyone tried them? At BigW- I bought a pair. I also bought a raspberry coloured pair at DJ's which cost x12 as much, but I had a voucher so in the end they cost me nothing. Both fit really well, and apart from the quality of the stitching there is little to tell them apart before washing.

Dreamy Feb 29th 2012 3:27 am

Re: $9 jeans

Originally Posted by carolinephillips (Post 9926784)
Anyone tried them? At BigW- I bought a pair. I also bought a raspberry coloured pair at DJ's which cost x12 as much, but I had a voucher so in the end they cost me nothing. Both fit really well, and apart from the quality of the stitching there is little to tell them apart before washing.

I'm glad you clarified they were from Big W. I thought for a moment that you were behind the designer jeans robbery :)

carolinephillips Feb 29th 2012 3:28 am

mwahahahaha:sneaky:

Dorothy Feb 29th 2012 3:37 am

Not tried the Big W ones but have bought the $10 K-Mart jeans. They're not bad for cheapy jeans. Will stop by Big W on my way home for a squiz tonight.

moneypenny20 Feb 29th 2012 5:09 am

Are they the ones that ghastly woman from ACA was talking about in the ad last night? I hate DJ and Myers, so pretentious it's not funny.

jad n rich Feb 29th 2012 5:26 am

I was going to buy some cheap $18 ones but teen reminded me they were probably made by some indonesian/chinese kid in a sweat shop.

Then dragged me out the store, teens eh :lol:

Amazulu Feb 29th 2012 5:31 am

I bet the GBP5 ones in the UK are better

northernbird Feb 29th 2012 5:33 am

Originally Posted by Amazulu (Post 9926902)

Yes because they are made by old ladies of Dorset WI in their front rooms ;)

renth Feb 29th 2012 5:35 am

Originally Posted by jad n rich (Post 9926894)
I was going to buy some cheap $18 ones but teen reminded me they were probably made by some indonesian/chinese kid in a sweat shop.

Then dragged me out the store, teens eh :lol:

The ones made by kids are better - they have better eyesight and little hands for fine stitching.

Amazulu Feb 29th 2012 5:36 am

Originally Posted by northernbird (Post 9926906)
Yes because they are made by old ladies of Dorset WI in their front rooms ;)

Of course. Everything sold in the UK is made by highly paid workers, doing short working days in pristine, safe and modern factories.

Amazulu Feb 29th 2012 5:37 am

Originally Posted by renth (Post 9926911)
The ones made by kids are better - they have better eyesight and little hands for fine stitching.

And you can pay them with sweets

Bernieboy Feb 29th 2012 5:39 am

Originally Posted by Amazulu (Post 9926912)
Of course. Everything sold in the UK is made by highly paid workers, doing short working days in pristine, safe and modern factories.

Better than searching dumps for scraps like they do in that wondeful country they call south africa,a huge dump in itself;)

Pollyana Feb 29th 2012 5:41 am

Originally Posted by Amazulu (Post 9926902)

:thumbup: Just ordered my next batch....OK they were £10 not £5 but still..... I must be an odd shape, very few jeans fit me comfortably so I stick to what I know!

Amazulu Feb 29th 2012 5:44 am

Originally Posted by Bernieboy (Post 9926916)
Better than searching dumps for scraps like they do in that wondeful country they call south africa,a huge dump in itself;)

it is - just like Ireland

Amazulu Feb 29th 2012 5:45 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 9926921)
:thumbup: Just ordered my next batch....OK they were £10 not £5 but still..... I must be an odd shape, very few jeans fit me comfortably so I stick to what I know!

The £10 are made by child slaves paid with pennies instead of sweets