Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

$37m for touching her bra strap

$37m for touching her bra strap

Old Sep 11th 2010, 6:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: $37m for touching her bra strap

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
I could be way off beam here but I don't think you'd have got anything other than someone asking if you were taking the piss. Sexual harassment seems to be considered a male instigated thing for some reason even in the 21st century.
The reason its considered a male instigated thing is most workplaces are predominently male. So they are the 'alphas' and can intimidate the females.

But stick a 16 year old boy in a completely female working environment, and believe me the women act like any alpha male would.

And of course I'd never have been taken seriously if I'd complained, aside from the fact the manager was female too. It was just one of those things to me, I was the minority of one, so lots of menopausal women could pick on me.

JTL
Old Sep 11th 2010, 6:27 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
The reason its considered a male instigated thing is most workplaces are predominently male. So they are the 'alphas' and can intimidate the females.

But stick a 16 year old boy in a completely female working environment, and believe me the women act like any alpha male would.

And of course I'd never have been taken seriously if I'd complained, aside from the fact the manager was female too. It was just one of those things to me, I was the minority of one, so lots of menopausal women could pick on me.

JTL
still doesnt make it right, but i wish it had been me
Old Sep 11th 2010, 6:28 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
And what is havering anyway?
talkin' pish
Old Sep 11th 2010, 7:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soapy©
still doesnt make it right, but i wish it had been me
Errr, were you big in to 40 year old women when you were 16? And trust me none of them even looked like Mrs Robinson.

JTL
Old Sep 11th 2010, 7:53 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

These aren't the company slappers or lads and lassies who enjoy banter about shafting each other. They also exist but usually after the tribunal has heard about their antics, they get thrown out, just like those people who claim rape when it's notYou don't not take this issue serious cos a few male and female slappers have played the game.

Companies need to take this seriously and we shouldn't take the piss. These dicks need to be flushed out, not allowed to get away with it cos people are being *over sensitive*
Old Sep 11th 2010, 9:17 am
Master of verbal pish©

found it
5% of DJ's profits in the time of his tenure
Old Sep 11th 2010, 10:44 pm
Banned

mohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to behold

Wife stands by her man.
l guess if she leaves him there arent too many other young, good looking multi-millionares out there on the singles market.
http://www.news.com.au/business/davi...-1225918870095
Old Sep 11th 2010, 11:04 pm
Master of verbal pish©

you have to feel for this lassie too. your right she has to stand by him or their relationship is a sham. i feel for her and her unborn child. she must be really struggling right now

thought this line was good though
"I deny many of the allegations and many are simply untrue.
hmmm so some are?
Old Sep 12th 2010, 12:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
I could be way off beam here but I don't think you'd have got anything other than someone asking if you were taking the piss. Sexual harassment seems to be considered a male instigated thing for some reason even in the 21st century.
Another factor, it seems to me that these kind of legal proceedings seem to widen the gulf between men and women, not narrow it. I dont know that many women that wouldnt be able to stick up for themselves and put blokes in their place in a workplace incident. Could we be pandering to a very small minority here ? If there was sexual harrassement surely it should come under criminal legal proceedings rather than the public court system ?

Re our particular situaiton at our workplace, We have large letter sorting frames that are supposed to be used by one person standing up. If we get behind in a certain postcode then another person will come and help sort in that area. It is impossible to do without physical contact. (A lot like vertical Twister) It's quite interesting to see how this pans out actually. 99.99 pct of the time there is never an issue..... except say re body odour. Maybe its because the familarity of this, if anyone approaches getting out of hand with any of our women, all of whom seem feisty, they would be met with a resolute and loud "***** off"....

Consequently based on my workplace experiences I find it difficult to understand these allegatations/proceedings and probable outcome. In fact I would go as far to say if there is any harrassement at all, its from the Women mostly towards awkard, socially inept, stay at home with mum type blokes. Is this sexual harrassement ?

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Sep 12th 2010 at 12:57 am.
Old Sep 12th 2010, 1:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Deancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Another factor, it seems to me that these kind of legal proceedings seem to widen the gulf between men and women, not narrow it.
Why would any employer hire a woman when they can potentially open themselves up to a multi-million dollar lawsuit? That and paid parental leave is not helping women get ahead in the workplace.

If there was sexual harrassement surely it should come under criminal legal proceedings rather than the public court system ?
Exactly.
Old Sep 12th 2010, 1:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Deancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kelli28
A mockery of the Legal system I don't think so. The point of punitive damages is not to provide compensation. Rather, the aim is to punish the defendants and to provide them with an incentive to change their operations or culture.
There's punitive damages and taking the piss. This is taking the piss.
Old Sep 12th 2010, 1:38 am

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Another factor, it seems to me that these kind of legal proceedings seem to widen the gulf between men and women, not narrow it. I dont know that many women that wouldnt be able to stick up for themselves and put blokes in their place in a workplace incident. Could we be pandering to a very small minority here ? If there was sexual harrassement surely it should come under criminal legal proceedings rather than the public court system ?

Re our particular situaiton at our workplace, We have large letter sorting frames that are supposed to be used by one person standing up. If we get behind in a certain postcode then another person will come and help sort in that area. It is impossible to do without physical contact. (A lot like vertical Twister) It's quite interesting to see how this pans out actually. 99.99 pct of the time there is never an issue..... except say re body odour. Maybe its because the familarity of this, if anyone approaches getting out of hand with any of our women, all of whom seem feisty, they would be met with a resolute and loud "***** off"....

Consequently based on my workplace experiences I find it difficult to understand these allegatations/proceedings and probable outcome. In fact I would go as far to say if there is any harrassement at all, its from the Women mostly towards awkard, socially inept, stay at home with mum type blokes. Is this sexual harrassement ?
Harassment of any kind is unaceptable, it takes many forms. It's not about working in close proximity to someone or someone brushing past someone else

Don't under estimate what genuine harassment can and does do to someone psychologically. It has to be taken seriously and management should be trained in how to identify it and manage it out of the workplace. Who in their right mind is going to report it if it's not accepted, understood and taken seriously by management or the unions. Why would someone even think to report it if they feel ridiculed and laughed at for being harassed?

The *gulf* is caused by people under estimating the problem and not being able to grasp or understand it and it can, and does, have devastating effects on some people mate
Old Sep 12th 2010, 1:41 am

Originally Posted by Deancm_MKII
Why would any employer hire a woman when they can potentially open themselves up to a multi-million dollar lawsuit? That and paid parental leave is not helping women get ahead in the workplace.

Exactly.
Agree, let the biaches have the bairns on their lunchbreak...

And only employ the fuglys. That'll stop the lawsuits
Old Sep 12th 2010, 1:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
Agree, let the biaches have the bairns on their lunchbreak...

And only employ the fuglys. That'll stop the lawsuits
Or they just stop employing women.
Old Sep 12th 2010, 1:52 am

Originally Posted by Deancm_MKII
Or they just stop employing women.
hey, you're smart. You must be a fella

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.