Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

$37m for touching her bra strap

$37m for touching her bra strap

Old Sep 10th 2010, 4:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Deancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: $37m for touching her bra strap

Originally Posted by Bernie Barfly
Yer argument is really hanging on a limb now.
Where's the 'GROAN' icon when it's needed...
Old Sep 10th 2010, 4:12 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deancm_MKII
Where's the 'GROAN' icon when it's needed...
See Sue
Old Sep 10th 2010, 4:13 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Actually it's one of the things that is taken extremely seriously.
Only in the last few years
Old Sep 10th 2010, 4:16 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Actually it's one of the things that is taken extremely seriously.
Yup, that and jay-walking and parking against the flow of the traffic.
Old Sep 10th 2010, 4:16 am
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

The point I am making though is that if you lost an arm or leg a person wouldn't even get close to $37m in compensation.
Then why quote part of my post? I think every sane person (I am including myself here ) knows that the loss of your eyes or limbs is more devastating then someone saying something to you.

This woman has every right to have her day in court, no one should be harrassed sexually or otherwise. I just hope someone sees common sense about the money because it's absolutely ridiculous.
Old Sep 10th 2010, 4:21 am
FREE TIBET

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Yup, that and jay-walking and parking against the flow of the traffic.
And not knowing the words to '500 miles' by the proclaimers when pissed on two pints(aussie style)
Old Sep 10th 2010, 4:52 am
Banned

mohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to behold

Never as much as losing an arm, leg or eye sight at work.
yes how much does some poor construction worker or factory worker get if he loses an arm leg or an eye at work? $200-$500 grand probably,
But some lady claims $37m for her bra strap being touched.

Last edited by mohogony; Sep 10th 2010 at 4:56 am.
Old Sep 10th 2010, 4:55 am
Banned

mohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
For the benefit of all women, that should happen. All this case is doing is making out that women are only interested in going after the big money, for the tiniest thing whatsoever.

No-one is interested in the actual facts of the case anymore, just the payout figure.

Earlier this year a 29 year old rape victim was granted $21,750 compensation.

How in hells name does this woman think her case is worth $37M ?
SHe probably thinks shes worth $37m becasue shes from a posh wealthy background and working in a posh department store.
Old Sep 10th 2010, 4:59 am
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mohogony
SHe probably thinks shes worth $37m becasue shes from a posh wealthy background and working in a posh department store.
Since when was DJ's considered 'posh'... and since when were people who work in retail assued to be from a 'wealthy background'?
Old Sep 10th 2010, 5:01 am
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DadAgain
Since when was DJ's considered 'posh'... and since when were people who work in retail assued to be from a 'wealthy background'?
Since Mohogony has a major chip on his shoulder where anyone might have or possibly look to get more money than him.
Old Sep 10th 2010, 6:01 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mohogony
Former Female David Jones Employee is claiming $37m becasue her boss touched he bra strap and made some unwelcome comments. Thats insane workers who lose their arms and legs or go blind in workplace accidents get a tiny fraction of that. If she worked as a waitress in some fast food joint and the boss touched her up she would probably get nothing , but when its some middle class woman working in a posh department store she gets millions. No wonder 16 other women are now making claims against him to cash in, l bet if he said to one of them " you look nice today" they would bring a sexual harrassment law suit against him and the store.

http://www.news.com.au/business/busi...-1225917228116
Good job he didn't go for her "honeypot"?
Old Sep 10th 2010, 7:47 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't actually understand why she should get anything. If its found that he has been playing fast and loose with various women's bra straps then he should be fired but she doesn't need anything, I don't quite understand it
Old Sep 10th 2010, 8:00 am
BE Forum Addict

petensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond repute

I thought she said that she had reported him to the company and they had done nothing.I don't know if this is true but the amount of money she is claiming has turned it into a joke I am afraid.The other side of it is no one should have to put up with being sexually abused with the company just turning a blind eye if true.Sue.
Old Sep 10th 2010, 8:03 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by petensue
I thought she said that she had reported him to the company and they had done nothing.I don't know if this is true but the amount of money she is claiming has turned it into a joke I am afraid.The other side of it is no one should have to put up with being sexually abused with the company just turning a blind eye if true.Sue.
It is unacceptable but I don't see why any money should change hands. The people who turned the blind eye should be fired as well as the perpetrator.
Old Sep 10th 2010, 8:07 am
BE Forum Addict

petensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
It is unacceptable but I don't see why any money should change hands. The people who turned the blind eye should be fired as well as the perpetrator.
I agree.

I have just read that he was counselled up to 10 times to act better towards women so maybe the bosses tried.Sue.

Last edited by petensue; Sep 10th 2010 at 8:12 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.