Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

$300 fine for ciggy butt!!

$300 fine for ciggy butt!!

Old Nov 28th 2009, 11:16 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: $300 fine for ciggy butt!!

How much would you be fined if caught in yer get getting 'head' off a prostitute,just curious,honest.
Old Nov 29th 2009, 12:12 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
How much would you be fined if caught in yer get getting 'head' off a prostitute,just curious,honest.
"Driving with undue care or attention"?
Old Nov 29th 2009, 12:16 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Bloke
"Driving with undue care or attention"?
Oh it would def be at attention sir
Old Nov 29th 2009, 12:39 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wanderingwombat
Only $300??? You got off cheap.

I thought smoking was a life sentence.....

WW
Death sentence isn't it ?
Old Nov 29th 2009, 3:16 am
BE Enthusiast

mo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nice

Hey before i am sentenced to death, i'd like to explain...

It wasn't me, it was a passenger in my car. She threw out the butt, i got the notice thru the post, i had to do a stat dec thing to say it was my passenger for which she got the right hump!! She had to cough up the fine. She then bought a dollar ashtray thing for her car, defo learnt her lesson.

Last nite she thought it would be a good idea to get other peeps views so stuck up a thread! Hoho and what a response!! Can't wait for her to see!!

Basically she thinks i'm in the wrong for making her pay even though it was her fag in my car.

Me (Mo 33) am innocent, i might meet some of you one day - don't wanna be lynched!! Thanks x
Old Nov 29th 2009, 3:21 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mo33
Hey before i am sentenced to death, i'd like to explain...

It wasn't me, it was a passenger in my car. She threw out the butt, i got the notice thru the post, i had to do a stat dec thing to say it was my passenger for which she got the right hump!! She had to cough up the fine. She then bought a dollar ashtray thing for her car, defo learnt her lesson.

Last nite she thought it would be a good idea to get other peeps views so stuck up a thread! Hoho and what a response!! Can't wait for her to see!!

Basically she thinks i'm in the wrong for making her pay even though it was her fag in my car.

Me (Mo 33) am innocent, i might meet some of you one day - don't wanna be lynched!! Thanks x
Maybe if you had said that in the first place, you most likely wouldn't have got the responses that you did.
Saying that, as the driver of the vehicle, you are now held responsible for the actions of your passengers in the eyes of the police. This goes for throwing of cigarette butts, litter etc out of a car: or passengers not wearing seatbelts etc.
Old Nov 29th 2009, 3:55 am
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute

Glad you got caught, personally i'd like to see it at $300 a packet. Give the nurses who look after you when ya struggling to breath a little bonus.

No sympathy from me i'm afraid

Jazzys
Old Nov 29th 2009, 3:55 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by wanderingwombat
Only $300??? You got off cheap.
I thought smoking was a life sentence.....WW
Only $300??? She got off cheap.

I thought smoking was a life sentence, even passive smoking.....
Old Nov 29th 2009, 4:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

I almost feel sorry for the OP as it may seem like all the 'do-gooders' are ganging up on her after all.

I'm not pleased for her, and it is a lot of money - but butts and smokers need to stick together.

Bushfires are one worry, litter is another.
Old Nov 29th 2009, 5:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jazzys
Glad you got caught, personally i'd like to see it at $300 a packet. Give the nurses who look after you when ya struggling to breath a little bonus.

No sympathy from me i'm afraid

Jazzys
I'm not taking sides in this (as a recovering smoker myself)

BUT, do you people not realise that the taxes already paid by smokers are funding all your hospitals already?

So when you go in for your hip op, the nurses are being paid for by smokers. So I've never really understood this 'holier than thou' attitude that smokers should just be left to die.

Who will fund your health service then?

Instead of criticising, you should be buying them a pack of fags after your op as a thank you.

JTL
Old Nov 29th 2009, 5:13 am
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad

BUT, do you people not realise that the taxes already paid by smokers are funding all your hospitals already?

So when you go in for your hip op, the nurses are being paid for by smokers. So I've never really understood this 'holier than thou' attitude that smokers should just be left to die.

Instead of criticising, you should be buying them a pack of fags after your op as a thank you.

JTL
Cool - I'm not paying any income tax or medicare levy this year then - seeing as the nice smoking people are gonna pick up the tab (no pun intended) when i get sick!
Old Nov 29th 2009, 5:31 am
Lets Rock !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mo33
Probably get floored by the do-gooders but i don't care!
Got a $300 fine for throwing a ciggy butt out of the car window!! Robbing barstewards!!
Heard all the comments about startin a bushfire etc...... nowhere near any greenery. Anyway $300 would buy a lot of little baby trees from bunnings

Get a life and report those who are a real danger on the roads! Let me have a bloody smoke in peace.

Just bought an ashtray to put my butts in but the car stinks!

About time morons that do stupid things get caught and punished
Old Nov 29th 2009, 5:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

only about 15 packets of fags worth - might encourage your mate to give up for a couple of weeks.

....and we live next door to a little shop. Our bloody garden is full of crap from (mostly) smokers who cannot be bothered to lift the bin lid next to them and put the cellophane/fag ends/box in the right place. our garden is the perfect recepticle for lazy arses' rubbish.

Last edited by Pomster; Nov 29th 2009 at 5:37 am.
Old Nov 29th 2009, 6:22 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad

JTL
Actually thats not correct. Taxation on fags gets $1 billion in tax. Health and social economic costs of smoking $31 billion...

Also if people didn't smoke then the money which would be saved, in order of $100 a week for many, would then be spent elsewhere as an economic plus. Although I admit much of that would probably end up down the pokies....

http://www.sciencealert.com.au/news/20092110-20052.html
Old Nov 29th 2009, 6:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Centurion
Actually thats not correct. Taxation on fags gets $1 billion in tax. Health and social economic costs of smoking $31 billion...

Also if people didn't smoke then the money which would be saved, in order of $100 a week for many, would then be spent elsewhere as an economic plus. Although I admit much of that would probably end up down the pokies....

http://www.sciencealert.com.au/news/20092110-20052.html
I would dispute your figures.

http://www.tobaccoinaustralia.org.au...f-tobacco-taxe

in 2004–05 on tobacco products, which included more than $6 billion in excise and customs duty and GST on sale of tobacco products
So $6 Billion not $1 billion in tax a year and that was 2005.

estimate of total tangible costs—$9,871.2 million
Bearing in mind smokers also pay income tax and all the other taxes, I think they pay their way as regards health care.

If it wasn't economical for the government, you know they'd squash it in 5 seconds. So they're doing just fine out of smokers.

JTL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.