$1000 payments

Old Nov 7th 2008, 7:52 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: $1000 payments

Originally Posted by bridie
Must admit I though it was only for those who get FTB Part A...... off to look at centerlink site see if it sheds any light...
It is for Part 'A' only.

Old Nov 7th 2008, 7:55 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
Yeah i know that....we have just completed our 2007/2008 tax return....just wanted to know about this $1000 thingy!!
Dunno if I get FTB Part A
Old Nov 7th 2008, 7:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Family Tax Benefit Part B provides extra assistance to single parent families and families with one main income where one parent chooses to stay at home or balance some paid work with caring for their children.

You may get Family Tax Benefit Part A if you:
  • have a dependent child under 21 (including a foster child), in your care for at least 35 per cent of the time, or
  • have a dependent full time student aged 21 to 24 in your care for at least 35 per cent of the time, and
  • have income under a certain amount, and are living in Australia (that is, Australia is your permanent home), and
  • you are either an Australian citizen, a New Zealand citizen, the holder of a permanent visa or the holder of certain temporary visas.

Last edited by Wendy; Nov 7th 2008 at 8:16 am.
Old Nov 7th 2008, 8:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
It is for Part 'A' only.

Yes
Old Nov 7th 2008, 8:02 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Yeah I do...just checked!
Old Nov 7th 2008, 8:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah I do...just checked!

I'm damned if I know the difference between part a and b anyway

Luckily my accountant sorts that lot out. Whatever the part is that means you qualify for family benefits is where this legislation lies.

What is part B, Does anyone know ?
Old Nov 7th 2008, 8:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle

Luckily my accountant sorts that lot out. Whatever the part is that means you qualify for family benefits is where this legislation lies.

Family Tax Benefit Part B provides extra assistance to single parent families and families with one main income where one parent chooses to stay at home or balance some paid work with caring for their children. So basically single parent OR single income families
Old Nov 7th 2008, 9:06 am

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle

If one parent stays at home and earns a small amount and the joint income is under 150k. Not sure what that small amount is.

http://www.familyassist.gov.au/Inter...ine_services#2

Use the estimator to find out.

Not sure if I will get it for part a but will get it because of the carers allowance for one of the monkeys. You do not want to be eligible for carers allowance.
Old Nov 7th 2008, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

GaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really nice

I went to speak with a Family Assistance lady today and was informed that even though Mr Rudd has proposed it it has not yet being passed! So they tolde me that as of yet they do not know when the payments will be going out. They too had being told December but until it gets passed in then their will be no payments!

So he had better get a move on!

Kat x
Old Nov 7th 2008, 9:45 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Says on the centerlink phone line 8th to 15th December i believe..... something like that anyway as i rang about something else and it was on recorded message before they put you through.

We get Part A - from memory (!) the "small amount" is around $20K.
Old Nov 7th 2008, 9:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by GaryKristensen
I went to speak with a Family Assistance lady today and was informed that even though Mr Rudd has proposed it it has not yet being passed! So they tolde me that as of yet they do not know when the payments will be going out. They too had being told December but until it gets passed in then their will be no payments!

So he had better get a move on!

Kat x
oohhhh thanks for that!!! Nearly spent mine even before I got it!!! LOL
Old Nov 7th 2008, 9:57 am
you lucky, lucky b'stard!

tomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud of

it is usually means tested

so we wont be getting it

45% tax and no benefits
Old Nov 7th 2008, 10:22 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
Family Tax Benefit Part B provides extra assistance to single parent families and families with one main income where one parent chooses to stay at home or balance some paid work with caring for their children. So basically single parent OR single income families
I don't remember what the old man signed us up for when we got here. I was the only one working, so he may have done that. Hopefully the tax man can see now that we both work full time and we get the payment. $2k would go nicely toward our vacation this year.
Old Nov 7th 2008, 10:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Dorothy
I don't remember what the old man signed us up for when we got here. I was the only one working, so he may have done that. Hopefully the tax man can see now that we both work full time and we get the payment. $2k would go nicely toward our vacation this year.

Do you get any FTB - part A now Dorothy? You have to be eligible for it on the 14th (or there abouts, it's in the link I gave earlier) of October this year to qualify for the extra $1000 per child.

If like me you aren't sure you are entitled to anything because you may earn too much, or you want to wait until the end of the year to get it then you will be paid after you do your tax return in 2009.
Old Nov 7th 2008, 10:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by tomy2tums
it is usually means tested

so we wont be getting it

45% tax and no benefits

Could be worse, you could be on less than $40k and have to rely on benefits to survive - and lets face it, that's what it would be, survival........just

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.