Working visa/permit

Old Dec 6th 2018, 5:43 pm
Just Joined

Piglet23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Working visa/permit

moving to Barbados in January.... my husband will have aworking visa/permit and I a spouse visa....but what will it look like in the passport? Is it printed on a full page? Or attached in some way? Also does that mean we won’t need a valid return flight upon entry?
Old Dec 16th 2018, 11:19 am

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Working visa/permit

hi.. I know these has sat here for a few days. This is actually a question to ask Immigration. I personally don't know. one would assume , that if you have been given a work permit, a permit to reside on the island, then a return ticket, which is required for anyone visiting the island, wouldn't be required... but again.. Immigration is the only one who could really answer that question.
Old Feb 16th 2019, 8:34 am
Just Joined

Sharondee is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, am Nigerian currently in Istanbul.
am moving from Istanbul to Barbados I plan to apply for a job once I arrive and get a work permit is that possible?
Also some people says I need visa to Barbados some says only transit. Is this true?
Old Feb 16th 2019, 2:23 pm
I still dont believe it..

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute

No, visas dont work like that, you have to be sponsored - you cannot apply for a working visa your employer dies and if you already arrived on a tourist visa - trouble... Sounds like you have to rethink your plan.
Old Feb 16th 2019, 2:32 pm
Just Joined

Do I need a visa to Barbados? Yes or no please?
i had a job offer but they all ask of my location because they want a face to face meeting once I say Turkey, they are like, I have to be in Barbados.
What do I need to pass into Barbados as Nigerian?
Old Feb 16th 2019, 2:47 pm
I still dont believe it..

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sharondee View Post
Do I need a visa to Barbados? Yes or no please?
i had a job offer but they all ask of my location because they want a face to face meeting once I say Turkey, they are like, I have to be in Barbados.
What do I need to pass into Barbados as Nigerian?
To work your employer has to apply for a visa, not you, and they cost a lot...
Old Feb 16th 2019, 2:51 pm
Just Joined

Okay, do I need a visa to Barbados if am going as tourist from Nigeria?
Old Feb 16th 2019, 4:25 pm
Alone again, naturally

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sharondee View Post
Okay, do I need a visa to Barbados if am going as tourist from Nigeria?
https://www.foreign.gov.bb/foreign-r...el-to-barbados

Old Feb 16th 2019, 4:47 pm
Just Joined

Thank you so much. This was helping
Old Feb 17th 2019, 11:14 am

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute

according to the information on the link posted above, a Nigerian passport holder does not require a visa to enter Barbados. it does state you may stay up to a maximum of 6 months on as a visitor to the island.. HOWEVER.. that is not automatic and your passport will be stamped for possibly 28days , 60 days etc.. to work in Barbados, a work permit is required.. and many jobs, from farm workers, to bank presidents, require a work permit. Not all jobs are allowed work permits.. very few actually.. If a Barbadian can do the job, no work permit will be issued..

and as said. .. you cannot enter the island on a visitors stamp and obtain a work permit while here..
Old Feb 17th 2019, 11:22 am
Just Joined

Thank you so much for your response.
again, where am I supposed to get this visitor stamp or tourist stamp ( as stated, I can't enter automatically)
Would I get it stamp at the pot of entry or something?
Old Feb 17th 2019, 11:56 am

https://www.foreign.gov.bb/foreign-r...rk-in-barbados just to advise. .this is the information on working in Barbados..

https://www.foreign.gov.bb/documents...onsulates/file My suggestion is that you contact the Barbados consulate in London to ask your questions. The visitors stamp is done on arrival in Barbados.. but.. you need to make sure that you have what you need to travel. .and again.. I suggest you contact this consulate for this information.