Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean > Barbados
Reload this Page >

Working eventually retirement

Working eventually retirement

Old Feb 24th 2017, 4:29 pm
Just Joined

Fionatwelftree is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Working eventually retirement

My husband and I will be retiring to Barbados. We are looking at coming out prior to our retirement and working in Barbados.

I work in ICT as a Programme Test Manager and my husband a self employed Salesman looking for a change in career. We are looking for advice on where to start?

Many thanks
Fi
Old Feb 26th 2017, 2:10 am

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Working eventually retirement

hi.. my biggest advise is to read the other posts in this message board for Barbados..

unless you are a Barbados Citizen, or related to by birth or have any other right to live and work in Barbados, the only way to work is with a work permit. even starting up and owning your own business in Barbados does not guarantee you a work permit.

Retiring is another story all by itself with several members of this forum being able to tell you several story's about how to get it done (or not).. Ownign property is a good start, but it doesn't necessarily give you the right to live here, even in retirement. Please check the Barbados Immigration website and I'd highly recommend calling (not emailing) to the phone numbers listed to get the correct information.. (and that is also debatable.. it all depends on who answers the phone).