British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Barbados (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbados-109/)
-   -   Where is Queen's Fort (and is it an OK area to rent) ? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbados-109/where-queens-fort-ok-area-rent-555509/)

jcfx Aug 15th 2008 7:17 pm

Where is Queen's Fort (and is it an OK area to rent) ?

Hi,

I'm planning to spend the winter in Barbados and I've found a reasonable place to rent in somewhere called Queen's Fort. I understand it's a little North of Holetown but I can't find it on Google or any other maps.

Can anyone guide me to where it is (perhaps from a landmark like the Royal Pavilion, or where the highways divide in Holetown), and does anyone know if this is a safe area to rent in?

Many thanks in advance for any replies.

Jude.

shines Aug 17th 2008 12:05 am

Re: Where is Queen's Fort (and is it an OK area to rent) ?

HI there,

I know Queens Fort, I have a friend who lives there.

It is a very nice private road, if you head north from Holetown it is just on the left hand side after you pass the Westmoreland sign on your right... Does this make sense?

S

jcfx Aug 17th 2008 1:12 pm

Shines,

Thanks for your reply. I'm planning my trip from Spain, using Google maps. The level of detail is good, but I can't quite make out the road signs. I think I've found the place from the estate agent's directions though - just north of the Colony Club hotel - would that be about right?

I am very happy to hear it is a nice quiet road though - that's exactly what I'm looking for.

Thanks again.

Jude

joseyboy Nov 5th 2008 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by jcfx (Post 6687863)
Shines,

Thanks for your reply. I'm planning my trip from Spain, using Google maps. The level of detail is good, but I can't quite make out the road signs. I think I've found the place from the estate agent's directions though - just north of the Colony Club hotel - would that be about right?

I am very happy to hear it is a nice quiet road though - that's exactly what I'm looking for.

Thanks again.

Jude

It is just north of Colony Club - the turn is on your left

As I tell all visitors to Barbados, use common sense when leaving valuables and cash around - there is some petty theft, but visitors tend to be careless and leave cameras by the pool, go out to dinner and leave doors open / unlocked - inviting opportunistic theft. Just take the same care that you would at home.

joseyboy Nov 5th 2008 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by shines (Post 6686680)
HI there,

I know Queens Fort, I have a friend who lives there.

It is a very nice private road, if you head north from Holetown it is just on the left hand side after you pass the Westmoreland sign on your right... Does this make sense?

S

forgot to add - enjoy the vacation!