Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean > Barbados
Reload this Page >

where to live while working at the new four seasons hotel

where to live while working at the new four seasons hotel

Old Apr 18th 2010, 1:50 pm
Just Joined

tallsteve is an unknown quantity at this point
Default where to live while working at the new four seasons hotel

i was wondering where to live in barbados,i will be working at the four seasons hotel being built just north of bridgetown(for 2 years),i dont drive and im not really sure what the buses are like apart from being packed,i was thinking of renting a place at paynes bay towards holetown and wondered if that is a nice area to live and should be easier access to work and into holetown where there is a gym.any ideas or advice would be most grateful.
Old Apr 18th 2010, 2:34 pm

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: where to live while working at the new four seasons hotel

anywhere along the west coast would likely be a good place for you if you don't drive and need bus transport. Mostly from Paynes Bay and heading south. Fitts Village area, etc. I'm not that familiar with housing in that area and can't quote on prices, but this would likely be a good place for you.
Old Apr 18th 2010, 3:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

zanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to all

I have to admit your post heading gave me chuckle...are you going to be working on the villas or the hotel? When I first came to Barbados I was offered a job there and again in December 2008 I interviewed there...luckily I didn't get wrapped up in that mess! On the topic of living-- you could be just about anywhere...you can get from the south coast, through town and up spring garden in no time in the morning.

Good luck!
Old Apr 18th 2010, 4:55 pm
Just Joined

i can understand why you chuckled under the circumstances of whats happened over there with the credit crunch and work stopping on the project,i will find out when i will be going at the end of this month when my contact comes back from there,i have been told may/june i should be going fingers crossed lol,i will be working for an american company as consultant for all the hvac for the villas and hotel,i hope to be there soon.
Old Apr 18th 2010, 8:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

zanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to all

tallsteve-- IMO the credit crunch had nothing to do with fourseasons, actually here the construction industry, knock wood, has more than stayed afloat. the running consensus is that it was mismanagement by the developer that led to insovency, atleast on the villa side. I'd be interested to know which HVAC company you work for, PM me if need be, the choices here seem to be either a) local consultants = total disaster, or b) UK firms which tend to overdo things.
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 7:59 pm

Serendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond repute

A great location for you if ya want to be in a central area with good routes is Black Rock - not sure what kind of income bracket you would come under but Black Rock is practically next to the Four Seasons area and is more of a local area than tourist and has good connections to the city centre of bridgetown and over to the south coast for nightlife. It is also not to pricey for accomodation as is where a lot of the UWI attendees live.
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 8:15 pm
Just Joined

all my accomadation will be paid for up to say 1250 usd a month,i was thinking of maybe getting a place maybe at rockley golf club and wondered if that would be practical for getting to work and good beaches and restaurants and nightlife.
Old May 18th 2010, 3:00 pm
Just Joined

Default cockleshell apartments and fitts village

im thinking of renting at the cockleshell apartments near fitts village,they look like they are nice with great views of the beach and sea,any feed back on the apartments and area would be appreciated.
Old May 18th 2010, 9:45 pm

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute

While I'm not familiar with those apartments or the area really, I can say it's likely a good place for you to be.. between Holetown and Spring Garden (where your work will be).. close to a grocery store among other things and easy bus access to Bridgetown and the northwest coast. if the price is right, go for it.
Old May 19th 2010, 1:40 am
Forum Regular

Ikon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: cockleshell apartments and fitts village

I don't know what the apartments or facilities are like, but I hear there are some beautiful views and you'll be right on the beach. I think Fitts is a great location too, easy access to almost anywhere!