Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean > Barbados
Reload this Page >

What's the Shopping like in Barbados?

What's the Shopping like in Barbados?

Old Mar 18th 2008, 7:57 am
Just Joined

selkirk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What's the Shopping like in Barbados?

Hi, I am moving to Barbados in a few weeks from London and I was wondering if anyone could give me some info on the shopping on the island. Are there any decent clothes shops? I imagine that there are a few expensive boutiques selling designer stuff but are there other shops ie mid price range clothes shops that sell nice up to date clothes and shoes? Or any nice beach wear shops, something like a Quicksilver or similar?

Also what is the food shopping like, is there a big supermarket that anyone could recommend? I will be living very near to Oistins.

Sophie
Old Mar 29th 2008, 6:53 pm
Just Joined

KNRX is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What's the Shopping like in Barbados?

There is a branch of the largest supermarket chain in Barbados, SuperCentre, in Oistins. Also, you can get most of what you are looking for (shopping-wise) in Barbados. Just be prepared to pay a little more than what you would pay back in England - sometimes a lot more.
Old Mar 29th 2008, 7:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

zanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to all
Default Re: What's the Shopping like in Barbados?

Clothing/shoes/bathing suit wise I would bring what you need and like...you aren't going to find much in the way of clothing at prices you are accustomed to here.
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 2:20 am
Forum Regular

tulipknife is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: What's the Shopping like in Barbados?

I just done a mock purchase of groceries in Supacentre compared to groceries I bought from Tesco on Saturday.

It worked out about the same price if the ratio is 4 bbds to 1 gbp.

However a couple of things did stick out price wise on this list I compiled.

Jacobs creek wine 750ml 29bbds, tesco 3.90gbp.
custard 12bbds, tesco 71p.
Finish dishwasher deodoriser 14bbds, tesco 1.95 gbp.

Vegetables, fresh fruit and fresh meat are available in local markets I am led to believe and much reduced prices to SupaCentre or you could grow your own like Zanne does.

Last edited by tulipknife; Apr 2nd 2008 at 2:21 am. Reason: Wrong wine price