Whats the Bahamas like?

Old May 4th 2008, 9:34 pm
Just Joined

ltaylor is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Whats the Bahamas like?

hiya
has anyone moved to set up home in the Bahamas with a young family?
Does anyone know anything about setting up a business from scratch in Tha Bahamas.............how easy/difficult is it? Is cricket a favoured sport there?
thanks
Old May 5th 2008, 12:52 am

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whats the Bahamas like?

repost this on the Caribbean board. it's made it's way to Barbados, not Bahamas.
Old May 5th 2008, 9:05 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Sunniebgi
repost this on the Caribbean board. it's made it's way to Barbados, not Bahamas.
yeah - I realised that when I posted it. thankyou.
You got any opinion on The Bahamas or are you in Barbados?
Old May 5th 2008, 10:09 pm

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute

sorry.. can't help.. I live in Barbados and have never been to the Bahamas.. even on a cruise.
Old May 6th 2008, 8:42 am
Just Joined

How do you find Barbados. that would have been my 1st choice, but the property for sale in the net seems to expensive, and we would like to buy a place to run as a Guest House amongst other things! What do you think........how are the current market prices for property with 5 or more bedrooms? And is it easy to get a residency visa?
Old May 6th 2008, 9:51 am

In my opinion (not in some on this board) unless you have a couple of million hanging around, you likely aren't going to get much. Guest houses would be good, as apposed to all the condo's and large luxury apartment type places that are going up, but you would want to find something close to the beach and in a more popular area or it might not work. you might find things for less on the South Coast rather than the west, but I think thats a better bet than anything else.

With regards to residency, I believe, unless it's changed, that there is some provision in the law for people who are investing in the island when it comes to those types of things.