British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Barbados (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbados-109/)
-   -   What’s happening in Barbados? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbados-109/what%E2%80%99s-happening-barbados-525145/)

Jerseygirl Apr 3rd 2008 12:40 am

Re: What’s happening in Barbados?

What's this then a BE English lesson...when will we be moving onto verbs and adjectives? :blink:

username 34 Apr 3rd 2008 12:50 am

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 6150587)
What's this then a BE English lesson...when will we be moving onto verbs and adjectives? :blink:

apparantly as British subjects we must learn to correspond with each other in perfect English - no mistakes, abreviations or slang .... and NO bad grammar.

or else Jack will spank us - so to speak:D

as you can see we're all taking him very seriously:thumbup: we're all dying to meet him - infact theres a queue of who wants to get at him first ;)

Jerseygirl Apr 3rd 2008 12:54 am

apparantly as British subjects we must learn to correspond with each other in perfect English - no mistakes, abreviations or slang .... and NO bad grammar.

or else Jack will spank us - so to speak:D

as you can see we're all taking him very seriously:thumbup: we're all dying to meet him - infact theres a queue of who wants to get at him first ;)
Funny I couldn't find that requirement in the Site Rules. :D

zanne Apr 3rd 2008 1:10 am

I wonder where Jack is tonight? I was going to invite him over to watch American Idol, now that's happening.

Stephanie_77 Apr 3rd 2008 8:30 am

This post is too hilarious!! :rofl:

Jack Bowman Apr 3rd 2008 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by tulipknife (Post 6150462)
it is no wonder that Britain is disliked throughout the world.!

Now there, finally, is someone with a confirmed and ascribable opinion.

Could you send me your real name and email address, "tulipknife"? It would be good if you could.

If you can't, don't worry. I was already looking at your tax situation. Nothing to worry about.

Originally Posted by tulipknife (Post 6150462)
it is no wonder that Britain is disliked throughout the world.!

I have no doubt that we'll be in touch.

Jack Bowman Apr 3rd 2008 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by zanne (Post 6150470)
I don't think so...if my memory serves me correctly it is his wife who is the diplomat, and now that everyone is riled up...google: Jack Bowman for fun!

zanne,

That was genuinely disappointing. You had seemed to be one of the tiny minority here who wasn't subliterate or in desperate need of an audit from a diplomatic officer whose name, obviously because of his job, isn't made public.

Jack Bowman Apr 3rd 2008 9:17 pm

Originally Posted by Sunniebgi (Post 6149527)
and I thought I wouldn't lower myself to your level.. whoops.. my slip is showing.

No. It isn’t your slip that’s showing. It’s your ignorance that’s showing. You’ve already demonstrated, internationally, indeed globally, that you don’t understand the difference between “were” and "where”.

Best wishes, and may your subliterate god go with you.

Jerseygirl Apr 3rd 2008 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by Jack Bowman (Post 6155430)
No. It isn’t your slip that’s showing. It’s your ignorance that’s showing. You’ve already demonstrated, internationally, indeed globally, that you don’t understand the difference between “were” and "where”.

Best wishes, and may your subliterate god go with you.

Originally Posted by Jack Bowman (Post 5919118)
Really? I work in a senior position for one of the embassies (or what you would call embassy's). I've found that there is a direct correlation beteeen those who have a correct grasp of aposophes and plurals, on the one hand, and morons on the other.

Thanks for your contribution. It was priceless.

Mmmmm perhaps people in glass houses.....

username 34 Apr 3rd 2008 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by Jack Bowman (Post 6154782)
in desperate need of an audit from a diplomatic officer whose name, obviously because of his job, isn't made public.

:rofl::rofl: oh my god - you are VERY amusing, really, you have great talent.

you can trust me with your name .... I'm a MI6 triple double agent in deep cover whose name, obviously because of my job, can't be made public.

funny how when confronted with questions to answer about your reality (the same questions you demand from many of us) you are unable to respond ....

troll troll troll troll - but like I say, you make me laugh so keep it up Walter (as in Mitty - incase the obvious escapes you, as it has done so many times before)

Sue Apr 3rd 2008 9:44 pm

Not sure whats going on in this thread but I think its time to close it.

Sue