Weddings

Old Jan 25th 2009, 12:52 pm
Forum Regular

vikki85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Weddings

Hi

Is it possible to have a beach wedding without having to use a wedding planner? A plan we are toying with is me coming over in June/July for 4-5 months, get married Sept/Oct, apply for citizenship and then come back to UK to work for a bit to be able to save money. As we will be working with a very limited budget , we would want to get married on a beach but not pay out for a wedding planner (as I know this will cost us more money than we can afford). I was just wondering how we would arrange for the person who will be conducting the ceremony to be there, or chairs etc?
Old Jan 28th 2009, 12:04 am
BE Enthusiast

shines will become famous soon enoughshines will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Weddings

Originally Posted by vikki85
Hi

Is it possible to have a beach wedding without having to use a wedding planner? A plan we are toying with is me coming over in June/July for 4-5 months, get married Sept/Oct, apply for citizenship and then come back to UK to work for a bit to be able to save money. As we will be working with a very limited budget , we would want to get married on a beach but not pay out for a wedding planner (as I know this will cost us more money than we can afford). I was just wondering how we would arrange for the person who will be conducting the ceremony to be there, or chairs etc?
Hi there,

You just need to go along to any local church and ask for someone to marry you, giving details of where and when etc. Not sure why you would need chairs, I am sure any guests could stand, the ceremony would not take too long.

We did this last year but I can't remember the cost of the priest (in fact they sent 2!) - possibly 200 bucks...?!?! We went to the church for a short rehersal a few days beforehand too.... We also added in our own vows, including our children's names in the ceremony

HTH

S
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 8:00 pm
Just Joined

Deewild is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
We were married in 98. Our friends own a house right on the beach and we got married in the grounds of their house and the priest came to us. My friend arranged it all, but we most definitely didn't need a wedding planner, as long as you get your marriage licence and somone to marry you, the rest is up to you, as low budget or expensive as you wish!
I hope you have a lovely wedding in barbados im sure you will.
All the best
Dee
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 8:13 am
Forum Regular

Stephanie_77 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey honey, I'm watching your plans with excitement - keep me up-to-date okay. I'm heading back to see Leo tomorrow so I shall the island your love! Hopefully I'll see ya in the summer

Stephanie
x
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 8:49 am
Forum Regular

vikki85 is an unknown quantity at this point

Tomorrow??!!! When I chatted with you last week, you didn't even have your flight booked. Have a fantastic time - Im sure you will. Hopefully no delays at Gatwick cause of all this snow. 5 weeks and 2 sleeps for me..............

xx
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 12:21 pm
Forum Regular

Stephanie_77 is an unknown quantity at this point

I know I never really book in advance - just jump on a plane when I can't take it anymore LOL

Speak to you in the week honey.

xx