British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Barbados (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbados-109/)
-   -   Water filter ... any suggestion (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbados-109/water-filter-any-suggestion-917343/)

maxb1 Sep 16th 2018 2:06 pm

Water filter ... any suggestion

Dear all from the forum
I am looking for a water filter ideas or a good quality water for a good price in Barbados
many thanks & kind regards
max

Sunniebgi Sep 17th 2018 10:55 am

Re: Water filter ... any suggestion

Well I've lived here 26 years and the only water filer I've ever used is a Brita Filter Pitcher.... Can't help you on this one..

maxb1 Sep 17th 2018 12:29 pm

hi many thanks ...
was just one idea due the fact that drinking water is so expensive
many thanks & have a great week
best
max

Sunniebgi Sep 17th 2018 7:20 pm

The drinking water from the Tap in Barbados is fine.. not sure why you would want to purchase bottles of water .. and I'm not sure what your definition of expensive is. sure if you want Evian every day. .then yes.. expensive. but I put regular out of the tap water through my brita filter. .and there you go. There are companies on the island that put in filtration systems. but I don't really know who they are. I've been drinking tap water in Barbados for 26 years.. so. and my husband for the last 56.. and he's from here.

Gordon Barlow Sep 17th 2018 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by Sunniebgi (Post 12564003)
Well I've lived here 26 years and the only water filer I've ever used is a Brita Filter Pitcher.... Can't help you on this one..

We use one of those too, at my wife's insistence. I've never believed that it makes the water safer to drink, but I admit my tea tastes a bit better. My question to you is: Does it really make the water purer, do you think?

maxb1 Sep 17th 2018 9:06 pm

Hi , actually I am. It sure 100 % but I have spotted one web site / Company that could rent or sell the filter .. and they have a good number of guest feed back ...
over all I am not consuming large amount but was just one idea ... to explore different opportunities...
once again , many thanks & kind regards
max

Sunniebgi Sep 18th 2018 12:22 am

Maxb1.. you are what.. drinking Evian everyday?? why?? well it is your choice.. but we aren't Mexico.. so.. we have some great water in Barbados.. it's filtered through Limestone.. not volcanic rock. well.. Ok.. we do have a people with kidney stones and gall stones and some will tell you it's because of the limestone.. but anyway..

Gordon. I use the Brita because.. well I think I have for a very long time. but it doesn't make it pure.. I still have to wash out my tea kettle from time to time of the limestone flakes.. but I've never had a problem drinking tap.. I would never consider purchasing sparkling or bottled still water when out for dinner.. Tap it is.. I buy zephyrhills water or whatever happens to be on the shelf if I'm out and about.. that's usually not more the a couple Barbados a bottle. and I do love Volvic. , which is a little more expensive.. but love the squarish bottles and the water tastes good..

here is a list from the Yellow Pages for those that have filter systems.. or I can give you my friends name who sells Filters though Amway. if you are going to be here a couple of years, and prefer it, it might be worth it.
https://www.findyello.com/Barbados/W...tion-Equipment

maxb1 Sep 18th 2018 1:35 am

Hi many thaks for your help
just for the “ records “ I don’t like Evian ...
i get some good water at cost u less .. called blue water ...very good so far ..
once again , thanks so much
kind regards
max