British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Barbados (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbados-109/)
-   -   Warning - watch out for car - MM365 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbados-109/warning-watch-out-car-mm365-617176/)

shines Jun 27th 2009 9:57 pm

Warning - watch out for car - MM365

Hi everyone, we were driving home from the South today and had an altercation with a silver Vitara - MM365.

He was driving on the highway b4 Warrens and had stopped in the lane in frotn of us and stopped a car next to him. As they both pulled away my husband managed to get past them and overtook this car. He then pulled up next to us and motioned us to stop (also on the highway). We ignored him and carried on and at Warrens roundabout he pulled right in front of us, forcing us to stop. He got out of his car and was very threatening, came over banging on our door and telling my husband that his drving was dangerous and he could have caused an accident. He tried to insinuate he was police, he was wearing "army style" clothes with dog tags round his neck and had handcuffs in his hand.

He did not seem to want to listen to anything and just kept repeating himself in a very aggresive manner, quite scary! The cars behind starting kicking up a load of noise and he finally went back to his car and drove off.

Thankfully I convinced my husband to play it cool as we had our 2 young children in the car too. As he drove away we called the police and reported him, just beware tho, steer clear of him...

zanne Jun 27th 2009 10:06 pm

Re: Warning - watch out for car - MM365

OMG shines, this is insane. Thanks for the heads up. I drive alone loads and with H too and I just keep the doors locked and my sunglasses on. Seriously, I really get stressed about the way that certain people behave on the roads here.

A few weeks ago I got caught up in the morning traffic on Brittons Hill, it was moving so slowly, as I started to get the lights by Dalkeith I was behind a truck, still seemingly moving slow-- like a few feet at a time. Suddenly this guy started banging on my passenger side window and screaming to tell me to get into the left lane toward Dalkeith-- it turns out that he was the driver of the truck which was broken down with no flashers, nothing! He scared the crap out of me.

Glad you all are ok...

Foxy_fromCanada Jul 1st 2009 11:50 am

Re: Warning - watch out for car - MM365

Geeeeeeez, that's nuts! Some of the drivers here are still rally-ing when it's not rally day!

One driver came so close to hitting me (and Netsirk) on our bikes (bicycle, not motor bike), that I had to throw myself off my bike into a cane field. Another driver, nice person, stopped and asked if we were okay and urged us to call the police, but we didn't see the license plate and speedy gonzales was long gone. This was at 7am on a Sunday! I'm guessing he was still out from the night before, and on his way home.