Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean > Barbados
Reload this Page >

Wanting to move to Barbados

Wanting to move to Barbados

Old Aug 2nd 2013, 7:19 pm
Just Joined

cnjackson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Wanting to move to Barbados

Hi there,
Firstly, I'm sorry to the forum if my question has been asked before elsewhere - I would be very grateful if someone could point me to any useful sites/threads if they exist and are recent.

My wife, son (1year) and I are looking to move to Barbados. My wife spent a fair bit of her young childhood there (Winnifreds) and, after spending 7 years in Cayman before coming to the UK, we are now dying to move back to the Caribbean... the real Caribbean if you know what I mean.

I work in Financial Services (Corporate and Trust) but am struggling to find work/recruiters etc which leads me to think it's very quiet over there (hopefully I'm just looking in the wrong place). I would really appreciate if any kind folk would be able to assist us us with any tips/websites, work permit requirements, what salary a small (average, light drinkers, non-smokers, quiet sports and watersports loving) family might need to live on. I am used to Cayman/Bermuda cost of living but haven't seen much to go on for Barbados, despite extensive research on the net.

Any help would be super appreciated - happy to give more info if needed.
Old Aug 2nd 2013, 7:25 pm
Just Joined

cnjackson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Wanting to move to Barbados

I should probably say that I'm under no illusion that getting work will not be easy. Bermuda is impossible and Cayman is tricky but do-able if you have contacts. How does it work in Barbados?
Old Aug 3rd 2013, 8:21 am

Serendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wanting to move to Barbados

Hi CN ..Welcome...a lot ha been written re costs of things in Barbados..I was going to post you some links but there are a few so if you go to the top of the page and you will see two menus one in blue and one in yellow. The one in yellow (starts with Forum Index) has an option for searching posts. I put in costs barbados and lots of threads came up...hope this helps...you can also do the same re work barbados