Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean > Barbados
Reload this Page >

Want to Settle in Barbados, please assist me.

Want to Settle in Barbados, please assist me.

Old Mar 20th 2011, 8:37 am
Just Joined

RICKINSIN is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Want to Settle in Barbados, please assist me.

Hello! Greetings from Singapore.

I am from India & running a budget hotel with my wife in Singapore from the last 1 year only. I am interested to open a business in Barbados as because I came to know that this is a perfect location for the tourism. Please if someone has the knowledge of Immigration, can some one tell me that if I open the business in Barbados, can I stay with my wife and kids in the country and run the business.

I am interested to start a business of Budget Hotel and Importing the stuff from some other country and want to sell here.

Your guidelines can really help me a lot.

Regards!

Rick
Old Mar 20th 2011, 11:48 am

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Want to Settle in Barbados, please assist me.

Rick, I strongly encourage you to read the other posts on this board regarding moving to Barbados. Just because you open a business here doesn't mean you get to work in it. You MUST have a work permit for your self. Importing items from somewhere else also doesn't make them any less expensive then other things as import controls and duties are high. have a read through the other posts and good think about things before you actually decide to move here.
Old Mar 20th 2011, 1:16 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Sunniebgi View Post
Rick, I strongly encourage you to read the other posts on this board regarding moving to Barbados. Just because you open a business here doesn't mean you get to work in it. You MUST have a work permit for your self. Importing items from somewhere else also doesn't make them any less expensive then other things as import controls and duties are high. have a read through the other posts and good think about things before you actually decide to move here.
Thanks for the reply. You are perfectly right actually I already read those and want to take a chance. Actually my question is that only that how I can stay here to run the business. Because I know myself that if I got a chance to settle there, I can do very good business. Can you please put some light on the same.
Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 20th 2011, 1:30 pm

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute

you will have to register your business and apply for a work permit to run this business, if you don't get the work permit, someone else will have to run the business for you. trust me, you will not be allowed to work there, run it from home, nothing, and the immigration office will be taking note. It is not as easy as you think it is.
Old Mar 20th 2011, 1:44 pm
Just Joined

My Gosh!! so it not like other countries business procedure. But I think there must be some way for the capable business people. Are you from this beautiful country only? If yes, do you know any immigration company from where I can take the supoort. May be that could be a helpful. Regards!
Old Mar 20th 2011, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by RICKINSIN View Post
My Gosh!! so it not like other countries business procedure. But I think there must be some way for the capable business people. Are you from this beautiful country only? If yes, do you know any immigration company from where I can take the supoort. May be that could be a helpful. Regards!
no you are correct, it is not like any other countries business procedures, but I'm also not aware of any other country that will allow you to just come in, open a hotel or restaurant etc and work there without sometype of permit.

I live here, but you need to contact a lawyer who deals with immigration law to be able to sort yourself out. Unfortunately, while I do know several lawyers, I'm not familiar with any that specialize in immigration issues.

maybe there is someone on this board who can help in that area.