visa to stay-Barbados

Old Sep 5th 2010, 5:45 pm
Just Joined

joynewman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default visa to stay-Barbados

Hi Can anyone give advice about extending visa for 7 months stay. We appear to only be granted limited time on entry to barbados.
Old Sep 6th 2010, 11:42 pm

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: visa to stay-Barbados

Originally Posted by joynewman
Hi Can anyone give advice about extending visa for 7 months stay. We appear to only be granted limited time on entry to barbados.
Stays are generally granted at the airport based on the length of your ticket or about 28days max. to extend that stay you have to present yourself to the immigration office in Bridgetown.

From this point on, I'm not the person to ask, but there are many posts on this forum that refer to this. others will likely chip in.. But.. at this point staying more than the first length of time usually requires a pretty good reason to stay.
Old Sep 7th 2010, 6:43 pm

Serendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond repute

As Sunnie says you have to go to Immigration and apply for an extension on your current visa. Be careful what you plan to tell them - if you let us know on here what you are planning to tell them we can maybe make a guess how likely that reason is to be accepted and what information you might have to supply along side
Old Sep 8th 2010, 6:07 pm
Forum Regular

vikki85 is an unknown quantity at this point

The airport will normally grant you a 30 day stay, and then you can renew this at immigration, maximum total stay of 6 months. However, this is up to immigration as to whether they will extend and is often not a quick process (took them 2 months to give me my extension last time). You will need to prove you can support yourself while here as well as lots of other questions.
Old Sep 21st 2010, 8:41 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Serendipidy
As Sunnie says you have to go to Immigration and apply for an extension on your current visa. Be careful what you plan to tell them - if you let us know on here what you are planning to tell them we can maybe make a guess how likely that reason is to be accepted and what information you might have to supply along side
We are a retired couple just coming for a holiday
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 2:36 am
Forum Regular

cartoon is an unknown quantity at this point

I've just been offered a 1 year extension. I applied in February.
Unfortunately I'm not able to leave my passport as I'm off to Spain on Monday and they need it for 3 weeks.
I have often been stamped for 60 days and even 90 days at the airport. I really do think it depends on who you get. Most times is has just been 30 days.
I do own a house here now so that usually makes a difference.
To get the visa though I did need to take along my bank statements for my account here and get a letter of support from my other half. I need to get my name on the deeds to this house......lol
Old Dec 18th 2010, 3:27 pm
Just Joined

Hi

We got a 6 month visa at airport by just asking officer when he was stamping passport.
Old Dec 18th 2010, 6:15 pm

Serendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond repute

It would be interesting to start looking at the demographics of who gets what at the airport here - cos im starting to think age, marital status and original location is playing a part here

Joy do you mind letting us know what nationality and roughly what age you are so we can start comparing what others are getting at the airport. Also whether you own a property on the island and if you travelling solo.

If you dont want to publish this info could you possilby send it to me in pm as it would be great to see if we can see a pattern here - im often hearing that canadians are automatically getting 3-6 months whilst english 1 - 3 months
Old Sep 4th 2011, 8:38 pm
Just Joined

Good news had no trouble getting 6 months found immigration helpful and pleasant. Told truth about being retired couple.