Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean > Barbados
Reload this Page >

Update on Immigration status - married to Bajan

Update on Immigration status - married to Bajan

Old Mar 19th 2010, 11:48 pm
Just Joined

lettiesmall1957 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Update on Immigration status - married to Bajan

Congrats shines and tizzy01. Have u already done the interview here in Barbados? Just wondering, I also hope to hear from them soon. Gud luck with the job hunt.
Old Mar 20th 2010, 1:45 am
BE Enthusiast

shines will become famous soon enoughshines will become famous soon enough

Nowhere near the interview stage yet. This is just an interim permit to allow newly weds to work here for 3 years.

The guy at Immigration said that my 3 year wait for citizenship begins again from the date on the letter they sent me about this permit, not from the date I originally applied for my Citizenship. So hopefully 3 years from now I may be at the end of this process.

Although then we have to follow the process for my UK born daughter to my non-bajan first husband. The same guy at Immigration told me that she has to remain on a student visa until she is 18 and then she can apply for status herself as an adult, they will take into account at this stage the fact she will have lived here for 16 years (by then) and that her step father, mother and sister are Barbadian Citizens.

Then again who knows what the rules will be in a year from now
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 4:31 am
Just Joined

Tizzy01 is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow Shines, I didn't know that we had another 3 year wait from this letter!! That sucks.....at least we can work in the meantime though.
Have you had your official document through yet and did you try NIS yet?
Tizzy