Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean > Barbados
Reload this Page >

Tips on mobile phone providers

Tips on mobile phone providers

Old Mar 14th 2015, 8:49 am
Just Joined

annada is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tips on mobile phone providers

Hi all,
I will be moving to Barbados in a week
I wonder if someone could advice us on the best mobile phone provider in the area.
I can't find anything about this on previous threads.
Many thanks for your help.
Old Mar 14th 2015, 7:12 pm

Serendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tips on mobile phone providers

You have a choice of either Lime or Digicell (not aware of others if the market has changed?)..for me personally I prefer Digicell as easy to top up on line..I think its just a preference like in the UK...Some have two phones with both as calls between digi to digi for instance are free with additional top ups etc

Hope this helps and welcome

Dips
Old Mar 15th 2015, 6:14 pm
Forum Regular

AnthonyNYC has a spectacular aura aboutAnthonyNYC has a spectacular aura aboutAnthonyNYC has a spectacular aura about

Also keep in mind newer phones have wifi calling. I have a Samsung Note 4 and when I was in Barbados recently I was able to make and receive calls to the US with wifi calling enabled.

You can also swap your Simm card to one you get when in Barbados and then top that up online as Sunni mentioned if you have Digicel.

Anthony
Old Mar 16th 2015, 10:32 pm
Just Joined

annada is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you so much!
Annada
Old Mar 17th 2015, 2:44 pm
Forum Regular

satellite_ian will become famous soon enough

You may also want to consider if you will be using a home phone and/or broadband connection too..

We have a great deal with LIME.. where we have a landline, broadband and two cell phones with data packages... collectively we do very well...