taxi cost

Old Jan 21st 2013, 11:07 am
Just Joined

tallsteve is an unknown quantity at this point
Default taxi cost

how much is a taxi ride from the airport to holetown and also from the airport to st lawrence gap please advise and any tips cheeers steve
Old Jan 21st 2013, 6:21 pm
Forum Regular

yellowsunset is a glorious beacon of lightyellowsunset is a glorious beacon of lightyellowsunset is a glorious beacon of lightyellowsunset is a glorious beacon of lightyellowsunset is a glorious beacon of lightyellowsunset is a glorious beacon of lightyellowsunset is a glorious beacon of lightyellowsunset is a glorious beacon of lightyellowsunset is a glorious beacon of lightyellowsunset is a glorious beacon of lightyellowsunset is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: taxi cost

Hi - taxi fares are posted at the airport - think it's supposed to be bbd58 from the airport to holetown - more if you need a van rather than a car. Don't know on the other one. Interestingly, the quote I always get in the opposite direction is bbd80. Mind you the fares quoted at the airport don't seem to have changed for at least a couple of years.
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 2:49 pm
Forum Regular

satellite_ian will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by tallsteve
how much is a taxi ride from the airport to holetown and also from the airport to st lawrence gap please advise and any tips cheeers steve
The official fares are $58 to Holetown and $31 to the Gap.
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 3:49 pm
Forum Regular

yellowsunset is a glorious beacon of lightyellowsunset is a glorious beacon of lightyellowsunset is a glorious beacon of lightyellowsunset is a glorious beacon of lightyellowsunset is a glorious beacon of lightyellowsunset is a glorious beacon of lightyellowsunset is a glorious beacon of lightyellowsunset is a glorious beacon of lightyellowsunset is a glorious beacon of lightyellowsunset is a glorious beacon of lightyellowsunset is a glorious beacon of light

Hi satellite_ian - do you manage to get the same fare back? I have never been quoted less than bbd80 from Holetown to the airport, and it's even creeping up to bbd90. I don't know if this is right or because I am a "visitor".
Old Jan 23rd 2013, 11:48 am
Forum Regular

satellite_ian will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by yellowsunset
Hi satellite_ian - do you manage to get the same fare back? I have never been quoted less than bbd80 from Holetown to the airport, and it's even creeping up to bbd90. I don't know if this is right or because I am a "visitor".
I would suggest that coming back from the West coast you are always going to get charged more...it's the perception of being a wealthy tourist. You need to find someone, maybe through here or through regular conversations, who can put you in touch with a reliable local taxi company/driver.
Old Jan 24th 2013, 1:21 am

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute

why not get the same driver who brought you from the airport to take you back.. at the same rate.. just a thought.
Old Jan 24th 2013, 2:39 am
Forum Regular

We would only be leaving the island 3 or 4 times per year - I doubt they would even remember me by then - and actually a few of them have tried to charge more than the quoted rate anyway. The quotes going to the airport don't seem to care that they are more than $20 higher than the "official" rate quoted from the airport. We did have a guy we used regularly, but he started off at $70 and then upped it to $80, then tried to increase it to $90 - by the time you add a tip it's just not worth it. We have more or less given up with taxis now, would rather pay the car park fee as it's either cheaper or marginally higher. I wonder if any of the houses near the airport offer alternative parking - if I lived near there I might be tempted to offer my driveway for a week at $5 per day .