Taking care of yaself

Old Apr 8th 2011, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

songbird835 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Taking care of yaself

Originally Posted by Serendipidy
Songbird thanks so much for your information. When I was writing the post originally I was in distress the guy who died was a not a friend per se but i was fond of him but I also had partied with some of the females who were dating him - no idea if they were reckless in their behaviour cos not my business - but I couldnt get there faces out of my heads and hoped that a 2 week holiday fling for them twice a year did not also cost them their lives or futures.

Im glad the thread has grown legs and is opening up discussions on the subject and information being provided - the holiday romance and being involved with hustlers is a slightly different issue but is also connected

We all make mistakes and if the price of being taken in by a boy half your age and all his sweet words is a little humiliation when ya find out there are 6 others he calls for money when he loses his fone, gets thrown out of his appartment, will have his land line cut off if ya dont send money, needs money to get a docs appt etc then its a lesson learnt in stupidness that is well deserved - but to find out that you have also contracted and have possibly spread a life threatening disease is too high a price to pay.
completely agree with you, it is so very easy to be taken in, as they can say all the right words and make you feel the most special thing in the world, and if you had self confidence problems, you would be at risk of clinging onto something which has no substance, and risk your life for?????.....

if this message can get to just 1 person and save 1 person the unkind stigma and terrible disease, then it is well worth it.....

Thanks for posting it