Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean > Barbados
Reload this Page >

Student Visa and other questions

Student Visa and other questions

Old Mar 9th 2010, 6:39 pm
Just Joined

yeahmen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Student Visa and other questions

I will be attending the UWI in Barbados, however, I will be taking my family (wife and 2 sons - 8years old and 6 months) with me. I am not worried about student visa for myself but I would like on information on sending my son to school. Will he need a student Visa? In addition, will my wife need status in Barbados. We both are from Belize and therefore a member of caricom. In addition, my wife is in the process of applying for a skill certificate and should be able to work under the CSME. What will my family need to live with me in Barbados.

ANy information will be greatly appreciated.
Old Mar 9th 2010, 11:36 pm

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Student Visa and other questions

gosh that is a tricky one. I would guess that if your wifes skill certificate comes through and you are able to live here through the CSME (as well as your UWI student visa). you child will need a student visa to go to school. I'm guessing your wife would have to apply for that under her work permit. I would strongly encourage you to check with Immigration (not easy but necessary) in your case.