Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean > Barbados
Reload this Page >

Should we relocate to Barbados?

Should we relocate to Barbados?

Old Jun 2nd 2013, 9:07 pm
Just Joined

Hannah Lou is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Should we relocate to Barbados?

Hi. Sorry for the late reply. We still don't know if we will definatly get there. It's still work in progress. Are you there yet and if so what do you think. I really want to hear about whether you like it and settle in ok, and I would love to keep in touch, I just feel it could be a while with all the work permit and visa applications etc. so don't think we will be there too soon but you never know . Talk soon. Hannah.
Old Jun 9th 2013, 9:59 pm
Just Joined

flaxhigh is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
I was particularly interested to learn you are early-retirees. Can you advise how you obtained a student visa when you are not working and therefore won't have a work permit? We are in the same position but have not yet quite worked out how to get our kids (boys 8 and 11) in school. Also, so far as residency - have you managed to get more than a 6 month stamp in your passport? If so, how? If not, are you planning just to keep renewing if possible? I'd be most grateful for your advice as we are planning a move hopefully in the next year. We did a lot of research about schools etc some years back but had to delay our move for personal reasons. Did you decide on Codrington? We looked at that but finally decided on Providence though they have raised their fees substantially since we applied for a place - though still a lot cheaper than public school in the UK! I'd also be interested to know - since I think you said you were residing in St James, how long the journey is to school and back each day - to whichever school you chose. Many thanks in advance!
Old Aug 1st 2013, 9:12 pm
Just Joined

Hannah Lou is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi. Are you there now ? Simon has just had confirmation of his job offer so hopefully things may start to happen now. Do you have the kids in school and somewhere to live etc. I thought it wasn't going to happen for us for a while there but suddenly it's looking very promising and we will be looking more seriously again now. Hope you are all well and that things are working out for you xxxx Hannah