Shipping over to Barbados

Old Oct 27th 2008, 12:20 pm
Just Joined

eunice83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Shipping over to Barbados

Hi guys,

I will be moving to Barbados next month on my own. And just wanted to hear from ones who have moved out to Barbados, what they did in regards of shipping over your belongs to Barbados. How much it costs, customs, etc etc.

Thanks
Old Oct 27th 2008, 1:47 pm

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipping over to Barbados

hi Eunice. I'm sorry I can't help with shipping from the UK, but I'm going to suggest this customs broker.
Adrian Harewood - [email protected] (you can tell him Sarah Layne suggested him)

he handled my customs clearence from my shipment from the states. I ended up doing a shipment from door (my home in the US) to port as the door to door (to my home in Barbados) cost was going to be about USD$1000.00 more than what I was quoted from door to port (this was due to what the local customs broker was chargeing for customs clearance and delivery. Adrian managed to help keep my costs down to less than BBD$1000.00 with regards to customs clearence and delivery (so about 1/2 the other guy).

Remember the electricity is 110v/50cycles, so you may want to consider the appliance you are bringing and this might cut down on your shipment.

Others can help with the shipment info from the UK to Barbados
Old Oct 28th 2008, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

expat_wannabe07 is just really niceexpat_wannabe07 is just really niceexpat_wannabe07 is just really niceexpat_wannabe07 is just really niceexpat_wannabe07 is just really niceexpat_wannabe07 is just really niceexpat_wannabe07 is just really niceexpat_wannabe07 is just really nice

I have shipped furniture with West Indies Freight. Kerry is very helpful her email ad is [email protected]. Their agent in Barbados is Windward Agency located in Spring Garden Highway - they are also very helpful.

It's not absolutely necessary to use a customs broker, if you don't mind all the faffing around.
Old Oct 28th 2008, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

Belinda1974 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by eunice83
Hi guys,

I will be moving to Barbados next month on my own. And just wanted to hear from ones who have moved out to Barbados, what they did in regards of shipping over your belongs to Barbados. How much it costs, customs, etc etc.

Thanks
Hi Eunice,

May I ask if you already got a work permit in Barbados, or residency, or for what reason are you moving?
I ask because if you don't have anything yet, listen to my advice, NOT to ship anything over BEFORE you got your work permit. Sounds stupid, but they would not like it if you already shipped your stuff over before you got any status there. I am talking out of experience, so please be careful what you are doing. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.