Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean > Barbados
Reload this Page >

Shipping Barrels from Barbados to UK

Shipping Barrels from Barbados to UK

Old Sep 21st 2011, 9:37 am
Just Joined

trees1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Shipping Barrels from Barbados to UK

Hi all

Could anyone recommend a company in Barbados (or England) whereby we could arrange for two barrels to be collected from an address in Barbados and returned to the UK? We are now back in England and are trying to sort this out from here!

Many thanks in advance!
Old Sep 21st 2011, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

CarlHnz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Shipping Barrels from Barbados to UK

I've just shipped a barrel in the opposite direction (UK to BB) for 150gbp.

I'm not sure if they do the other direction.,
http://www.geeshipping.co.uk/
Old Sep 22nd 2011, 11:48 am
Just Joined

flower26 is an unknown quantity at this point

I do know that Ram Shipping have an office in the UK and in Barbados but have only used them to ship one way (UK to Bim) . Their number is 0207 476 0154. Good Luck.

Carl, I know it may be too late but Bay Trading Shipping Company have a deal on for sending barrels to Barbados at £60 for one barrel between now and November. If you still have things to send over, let me know and I will get their details for you.

Last edited by flower26; Sep 22nd 2011 at 11:50 am.
Old Sep 22nd 2011, 12:27 pm
Forum Regular

CarlHnz is an unknown quantity at this point

That seems like a real bargain. To clarify, the 150 was for the purchase of the barrel, dropping it off at our address in the UK, picking it up and delivering to the dock in BB.

I use a different company here that will handle the clearance and delivery to my house.

Total cost to my door will be about 200GBP. Plus the normal random amount of duty paid on a barrel which varies from 30BBD to 200BBD depending on the weather/cricket score/price of cheese
Old Sep 22nd 2011, 12:40 pm
Just Joined

flower26 is an unknown quantity at this point

I normally pay about £25 for the plastic blue barrels which I purchase myself and slip them into the boot of my car (only one) from a shop approx 10 mins drive from me and the last time I shipped (last year) I paid £70 for the cost of the shipping using a company called Crete.

Collection is normally part of the price. I suppose it is a matter of looking around. I've paid £85 for shipping barrels (excluding the price of the barrel) before but have come across some good deals with Crete for £70 and Bay for £60. Not bad in comparison to other prices out there.

Yep - I pay an agent $200 in Barbados to clear it for me as well as deliver - best money spent for the convenience.
Old Sep 22nd 2011, 3:31 pm
Just Joined

trees1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for all your replies!

Our storage company here used Ram when shipping our Barrels over to Bim last year which wasn't too expensive. We have had a quote from them recently to ship them back to our address here but they seem quite expensive (approx £470) door to door but maybe that's because they're coming back from Barbados rather than going!

Will check out a few of the others though.

By the way - how is the job situation there now? When we were there it was extremely slow which is the main reason we had to return home even though we both have Barbadian citizenship!

Cheers!
Old Nov 6th 2011, 3:40 pm
Forum Regular

tng1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

I am in the process of doing this. Ram unfortunately doesnt do from Barbados to UK. Im abroad at the moment and dont have the details but laparkan does 2 barrels and a box for approx $550, and sea frieght services does 1 barrell for $440. Hope this helps.