Set the record straight

Old Jul 25th 2010, 10:50 am

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Set the record straight

Last week I received a "hate" message from someone on this board, who, I've been told was banned from this board some months ago. I actually received it on another travel related message board (the lengths some people will go). He/she accused me of meddling in Bajans business, advised me that I provide no useful service to Barbados and that I and my 3 bajan born children should leave and basically not be allowed back (I'm guessing it's ok that my Bajan born husband remain). and more specifically that I should stop writing on this board.

The person in question also advised that they lived in the US amongst (in their words) my ignorant, illiterate brothers and sisters and by his/her comments is a racist of the worst kind, advising me that in 2010 Black people don't appreciate White people from the US or UK telling them how to run their country. Well I'm not even going to go there because that would be lowering myself to the level of the original writer. (I did ask the person why they were living in the US if they felt that way about American?!?!)

I have been a contributing member on this message board since November 2006. I have given useful information to those people who have asked and I have given MY opinion on certain issues which some have appreciated and some may view as non-productive. But they are just that, MY opinion. You can take them or leave them. I have lived on this island for 18 years and at present find no valid reason to leave. I am a citizen of this country by right of marriage, I pay my taxes and I spend my money here. I own property and am gainfully employed in the largest, most important industry this island is known for. I don't live off the government and I don't fool around with other peoples livelihood.

Anyway.. the purpose of this post is simply to say this. I have my opinions about things (and by the way.. they aren't just mine.. ask many bajans and their views are the same). I will continue to write on this board, give answers and advise, as long as the moderators allow me. If I offend anyone, please tell me, but don't send me hate messages, it's really not nice.
Old Jul 25th 2010, 11:54 am
Account Closed

Hei75 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Set the record straight

Hi,
I find it unbelievable what some people are able to say and do. And why attack you like that? Sorry that you got this message.
I have been following this page for quite some time and find lots of useful information from you and others. For all parts of the world, there is information for a traveller :-) What I have read from you seems to be very informative and that is why this page excist isn`t it?
I also find it strange that people seem to have different "undercover" names to hide and juggle around what they say. Well, them for that. If they cant stand for what they say and do, dont take them serious anyway.

Have a wonderful day, in bim
Old Jul 25th 2010, 1:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

shines will become famous soon enoughshines will become famous soon enough

Goodness, what a horrible person.

Thankfully they are the minority, best to ignore it and carry on. There is no need for you to justify yourself to us or him/her.

Ignorance is a terrible thing and sadly this person sounds extrememly ignorant, lets hope they don't have any children to pass this onto.

Keep smiling honey and have yourself a wonderful Sunday.
Old Jul 25th 2010, 4:33 pm
Forum Regular

Ikon is an unknown quantity at this point

Agree with the posters above, just ignore the pathetic hateful hack with nothing better to do! Even a cursory glance over old threads on this board would prove to anyone how much helpful advice you've given and I hope you'll continue to give. x
Old Jul 25th 2010, 7:12 pm
Just Joined

Westcoastbajan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sunniebgi
Last week I received a "hate" message from someone on this board, who, I've been told was banned from this board some months ago. I actually received it on another travel related message board (the lengths some people will go). He/she accused me of meddling in Bajans business, advised me that I provide no useful service to Barbados and that I and my 3 bajan born children should leave and basically not be allowed back (I'm guessing it's ok that my Bajan born husband remain). and more specifically that I should stop writing on this board.

The person in question also advised that they lived in the US amongst (in their words) my ignorant, illiterate brothers and sisters and by his/her comments is a racist of the worst kind, advising me that in 2010 Black people don't appreciate White people from the US or UK telling them how to run their country. Well I'm not even going to go there because that would be lowering myself to the level of the original writer. (I did ask the person why they were living in the US if they felt that way about American?!?!)

I have been a contributing member on this message board since November 2006. I have given useful information to those people who have asked and I have given MY opinion on certain issues which some have appreciated and some may view as non-productive. But they are just that, MY opinion. You can take them or leave them. I have lived on this island for 18 years and at present find no valid reason to leave. I am a citizen of this country by right of marriage, I pay my taxes and I spend my money here. I own property and am gainfully employed in the largest, most important industry this island is known for. I don't live off the government and I don't fool around with other peoples livelihood.

Anyway.. the purpose of this post is simply to say this. I have my opinions about things (and by the way.. they aren't just mine.. ask many bajans and their views are the same). I will continue to write on this board, give answers and advise, as long as the moderators allow me. If I offend anyone, please tell me, but don't send me hate messages, it's really not nice.
It's terrible when people behave the way the person you describe has acted. He does sound like a racist (there is a lot of black racist on the island) but also a lot of good people who aren’t too. When I moved back it took a while to get used to the reverse racism.
I am guessing he must have a miserable life and is trying to find someone to blame. I have read many of your post on the travel website forum and this one. Sometimes I don't agree with your advice but you are giving honest opinions and trying to help others, a great thing. Most appreciate your help. Just ignore him and forward his hateful email to the moderator of the travel forum and hope he gets kicked off their too!
Old Jul 26th 2010, 12:21 am

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone.. I know we all don't always see eye to eye.. and we all have our opinions on things.. but we are all here to give advise and to help people out.. and I agree.. let's just keep doing that.. and move on..
Old Jul 26th 2010, 3:08 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm guessing I know who you mean, and it just goes to show that we were correct in removing the posters priviledges from this forum
Old Jul 26th 2010, 4:34 pm

Spot-On Mitzy.. .. he/she has also been banned , or at least will come up as spam.. on the other board as well..
Old Aug 31st 2010, 6:04 am
Forum Regular

_Tropical_11th is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sunniebgi

I'm sorry you're going through all that hassle.
As with anywhere, unfortunately we have some losers in Barbados too. They probably want putting inside the mental but, they might end up being let out again. Just ignore them and hopefully they'll go get a life. As for me, personally I don't care if they latch on to attacking me next. I'll simply go and tell them where they can 'haul their tail'. :-)

Chin up, most people on the island aren't self destructive individuals.

~Tropical.

Last edited by _Tropical_11th; Aug 31st 2010 at 6:06 am.
Old Aug 31st 2010, 5:41 pm
Forum Regular

vikki85 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to hear someone has been so mean to you. I also see your posts on the other website can can't believe that someone would go to the trouble of emailing you on both website. Cyber bullies are horrible people. Hopefully now they are banned they wont be able to contact you again.

Vikki x
Old Sep 1st 2010, 11:48 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vikki85
Hopefully now they are banned they wont be able to contact you again.

Vikki x
Has been banned for a long time, so can't be emailing from this site as he wouldnt be able to use the option as a banned user
Old Sep 1st 2010, 9:39 pm

Serendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond repute

Not who you think it is Mitzy was the second in command lol - think she was a she
Old Sep 1st 2010, 10:19 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by Serendipidy
Not who you think it is Mitzy was the second in command lol - think she was a she
I call everyone He when generalising
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 12:55 pm

pgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to read what you have had to endure.
However I doubt this guy/girl is racist. They seem to have a complex about Brits and Americans whether they happen to be black or white. I don't know where these attitudes stem from, but some islanders think that we think we are superior to them. As others have said just ignore these people and you certainly do not need to justify yourself.

I remember a couple of weeks ago whilst in St lucia, I got attitide off a beach vendor just because I asked for a discount on a beach chair hire being a regular customer. His reply to me was " Just because you are from London, you think you can tell me how to run my business". I thought where is this coming from, especially as it was early in the morning and he had no other customers yet.

Anyway it is his problem and not mine, the same way as that poster is the one with problems and not you.
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 5:06 pm

Serendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond repute

Did you get a chair from someone else PG lol?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.