selling goods?

Old Aug 23rd 2013, 11:05 pm
Just Joined

juliedean is an unknown quantity at this point
Default selling goods?

Hi all
Please can someone tell me how to sell on used furniture surplus to requirement now I've packed it, transported it and am about to get it cleared by customs next week?
The house we're moving to is nowhere near as big as I remembered it. I know I can't advertise or sell goods on here but I vaguely remember hearing that there were "garage sales" quite often on the island where such items might be appreciated.

Many thanks
Old Aug 24th 2013, 9:15 am

Serendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: selling goods?

Hi ya yea thats a typical way sell used goods...When i was looking into it I was going to put an advert in the Nation on the wed and friday before the sat of the sale..people actually look in the paper to see where the are...then typicall people put up posters on lamp posts identifying the sale...another option is as i did which is to just list the items for sale in the nation add...take a look at the ones that will be in there now

A further option is the notice boards at Big Bs and other super markets as a lot of people check those out on a weekly basis
Old Aug 24th 2013, 10:16 am
Just Joined

Thank you - will do.
Old Aug 24th 2013, 10:26 pm

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute

if the moderators don't mind.....

are you on Facebook???

and the next question is.. are these items you had before moving out here.. or new items that you now realize you just aren't going to have the space for???

I admin a buy/sell site on Facebook for items people are trying to get rid off.
Old Aug 25th 2013, 7:37 am
Forum Regular

nilocp is an unknown quantity at this point

If you look at the top line of the Expats page, you will see that there is a classifieds section! Might be worth trying that?
Old Aug 25th 2013, 1:43 pm

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute

I was going to suggest that as well, Nilocp.. but honestly.. I don't think I've ever been able to find anyone in Barbados selling anything there.. maybe that's just me.. don't know.. but it is worth a try..
Old Aug 29th 2013, 2:15 am
Just Joined

CherryBrown is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by juliedean
Hi all
Please can someone tell me how to sell on used furniture surplus to requirement now I've packed it, transported it and am about to get it cleared by customs next week?
The house we're moving to is nowhere near as big as I remembered it. I know I can't advertise or sell goods on here but I vaguely remember hearing that there were "garage sales" quite often on the island where such items might be appreciated.

Many thanks
I get email blasts from Impression Barbados, This & That Bajan, and Bajan Things. For about $90 BDS you can place an ad and have a little garage/expat sale. I get notified about them all the time.

Also, I hear a lot of ads for the site bim.bb don't know if anyone has tried it but you should be able to post on there.
Old Aug 29th 2013, 12:23 pm
Just Joined

Default facebook

Yes I'm on FB all the time now I'm here. I have a pine breakfast table and six chairs that will go in the kitchen but with about 6 inches clearance on all sides, so, not so useful, and a double wardrobe and chest of drawers that, again, won't fit in the bedrooms. Have hopelessly miscalculated and am kicking myself for not selling them before we moved. Can you help?
Old Aug 29th 2013, 3:52 pm

Sent you a message.. don't want to overstep any bounds with the mods.... and I agree.. if they don't get sold on the FB way.. I'd also agree that the e-mail blasts in Barbados do reach a ton of people. This and That Bajan (currently on holiday) is my preferred.. however, the others read many poeple as well.
Old Aug 29th 2013, 4:21 pm
Just Joined

WardieJ is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: selling goods?

Hi Julie, I sent you a PM is it you that brought all this rain with you !