Returning to Barbados

Old Jul 10th 2013, 5:49 pm
RTB
Just Joined

RTB is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Returning to Barbados

Dear all

Firstly let me say thank you in advance for reading my post and any responses given.

I have family in Barbados and go out there as much as possible. I do believe it's the place for me and want to push for a new life over there.

I'm a UK citizen in the process of obtaining my Barbados citizenship (hopefully to be achieved soon). With that in mind, I'm trying to do as much groundwork as possible in terms of seeking out job opportunities, ready to move asap.

I currently practice as an Employment Lawyer (of 8 years), and shortly to commence training to become a CEDR accredited mediator. With the recently introduced Employment Law legislation in Barbados, this may present an ideal opportunity for me to work in some consultancy/in-house capacity with the trade unions or government as an advisor/mediator. It's my intention to do the law conversion course however I will need to work for at least a year beforehand.

I'm totally flexible to the idea of any non-legal/mediation job opportunities too as I have many transferable skills e.g. research, drafting, public speaking, customer service etc, am qualified in Investment Compliance and Financial Crime Prevention, and embrace new challenges.

As I'm not a citizenship as yet I'm unable to sign up to the government job board and as I understand recruitment agencies are few in number; but I have seen a post about the agencies and I will be contacting them.

So in view of my background I would really appreciate your opinions in terms of potential job opportunities to explore.

Kindest regards

Last edited by RTB; Jul 10th 2013 at 5:59 pm.