Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean > Barbados
Reload this Page >

Residency for spouse of a Barbadian Citizen

Residency for spouse of a Barbadian Citizen

Old Dec 15th 2009, 12:33 am
Just Joined

Tizzy01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Residency for spouse of a Barbadian Citizen

Yes it is quite ridiculous. Who knows how much longer???
I've been told not to 'nag' them as they could make me wait longer on purpose, don't know how true that is.
last person I spoke to, I referred him to the new paper and he asked when we were married etc but came back with same response...'3 year wait'.

Maybe will try again after Xmas, might get a different response. New year, new start and all that! Trying to be optimistic but very tiresome being in limbo........
Old Dec 15th 2009, 9:26 am

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tizzy01
Yes it is quite ridiculous. Who knows how much longer???
I've been told not to 'nag' them as they could make me wait longer on purpose, don't know how true that is.
last person I spoke to, I referred him to the new paper and he asked when we were married etc but came back with same response...'3 year wait'.

Maybe will try again after Xmas, might get a different response. New year, new start and all that! Trying to be optimistic but very tiresome being in limbo........
Again.. no new rules.. the green paper is meant to be a proposal.. NOTHING HAS BEEN MADE LAW!!!. they are using you and jerking your chain. obviously no money changing hands now.. and even with that.. the new proposal says 2 year before application.. which you have. FIND A LAWYER.. I know it's money, and you really should have to resort to that.. but..it might be your only option.
Old Jan 31st 2010, 12:46 pm
Just Joined

onekaq is an unknown quantity at this point

I am from Trinidad and was wondering if i can apply for residence for my husband who is british, while we are living in the UK as we hope to move there in the next 2 years. cheers
Old Jan 31st 2010, 4:50 pm

pgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by onekaq
I am from Trinidad and was wondering if i can apply for residence for my husband who is british, while we are living in the UK as we hope to move there in the next 2 years. cheers
Where are you looking to move to ?
Old Jan 31st 2010, 9:59 pm

Serendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pgtips
Where are you looking to move to ?
In another thread they are talking about moving to Barbados PG
Old Feb 1st 2010, 2:14 am

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by onekaq
You could only apply his residency in Trinidad, not in Barbados.