Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean > Barbados
Reload this Page >

relocating to barbados with family

relocating to barbados with family

Old May 9th 2007, 12:27 pm
Just Joined

9527faye is an unknown quantity at this point
Default relocating to barbados with family

Hi

We are looking at moving to barbados for at least a year. We have two children 1+8, fortunately we have family in Barbados so accomodation has been sorted. Ideally we both want to be working, i work in office management and my partner works in the surveying construction industry, we would love to spend more quality time as a family so we would consider part time work aswell. Does anybody have any suggestions or website to look at for the way forward. Also our 8 year old would need to placed into a local school. Please help

thanks faye
Old May 9th 2007, 1:40 pm
Forum Regular

Belinda1974 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: relocating to barbados with family

Hi Faye,

are you born in Barbados? If yes it won´t be difficult for you to get work permit.
Old May 9th 2007, 1:49 pm
Just Joined

My partner or i, were not born in Barbados but my partners mum and grandparents were, does this help in anyway
Old May 9th 2007, 1:53 pm
Forum Regular

Hm, I am not sure if this will help, maybe bajanboy knows more?
Old May 9th 2007, 2:04 pm
Just Joined

thanks, but who is bajanboy?
Old May 9th 2007, 2:06 pm
Forum Regular

He is a member in here, and gave me very good information. I think you can search for member name and write him a private message.
Old May 9th 2007, 2:07 pm
Just Joined

thanks will do
Old May 9th 2007, 2:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

trutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by 9527faye
Hi

We are looking at moving to barbados for at least a year. We have two children 1+8, fortunately we have family in Barbados so accomodation has been sorted. Ideally we both want to be working, i work in office management and my partner works in the surveying construction industry, we would love to spend more quality time as a family so we would consider part time work aswell. Does anybody have any suggestions or website to look at for the way forward. Also our 8 year old would need to placed into a local school. Please help

thanks faye
It depends ,if your partner has bajan nationality or dual he could live and work in BB anytime. If not, same rules count for him as for us. I'm not even sure if YOU could live there if he has bajan nationality, because by the sound of it you're not married.
Hope you can sort it out. Like Belinda said, Bajan_boy could probably help you
Old May 9th 2007, 2:22 pm
Just Joined

thanks for this i think i need to do some more digging. Yes your right we are not married we have been together for 11 years and have 2 children, but that obviously does not count in the eyes of the immigration department
Old May 9th 2007, 2:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

trutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by 9527faye
thanks for this i think i need to do some more digging. Yes your right we are not married we have been together for 11 years and have 2 children, but that obviously does not count in the eyes of the immigration department
Most of us are in the same boat as you. All trying desperatly to move to BB. I have lived there for 3 years and till this day don't understand why we didn't hold on and stayed!

If you're not married you might will on one of the beautiful beaches on BB!
Just an idea.....
Old May 9th 2007, 2:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by trutje
Most of us are in the same boat as you. All trying desperatly to move to BB. I have lived there for 3 years and till this day don't understand why we didn't hold on and stayed!

If you're not married you might will on one of the beautiful beaches on BB!
Just an idea.....
I mean; as you're not married.. Oops...