relocating to barbados

Old Jun 4th 2007, 1:10 pm
Just Joined

9527faye is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation relocating to barbados

Hi wondered if anybody can help. My partner of 11 years has been offered a job in barbados, we have two children 8 and 1, i thought it would be quite easy as lots of companies are offering him good relocation packages, but we have come across a clitche, - we are not married, and don;t intend to. I'm told because of this i would only be able to stay for a max of 6 months. Ideally i would like to work in barbados but would want to work around my children. I have done many jobs and currently work in office management, but am told my skill level is still not high enough. Does anybody have any ideas/suggestions?
Old Jun 6th 2007, 12:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

trutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud of
Default Re: relocating to barbados

Originally Posted by 9527faye View Post
Hi wondered if anybody can help. My partner of 11 years has been offered a job in barbados, we have two children 8 and 1, i thought it would be quite easy as lots of companies are offering him good relocation packages, but we have come across a clitche, - we are not married, and don;t intend to. I'm told because of this i would only be able to stay for a max of 6 months. Ideally i would like to work in barbados but would want to work around my children. I have done many jobs and currently work in office management, but am told my skill level is still not high enough. Does anybody have any ideas/suggestions?
Is he going to work for a Bajan company?
If working for example UK company there won't be a problem.
To find a job as a foreighener you need to have a skill no local can do.
Old Jun 6th 2007, 1:03 pm
Just Joined

so if he gets a job with a uk company based in barbados i can go aswell, is that right?
Old Jun 6th 2007, 1:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

trutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud of

so if he gets a job with a uk company based in barbados i can go aswell, is that right?
Yes you can! You would still be under UK's standards.
Old Jun 6th 2007, 1:23 pm
Just Joined

wow you have just made my day!- would you know where i can confirm this i.e. governing body etc
Old Jun 6th 2007, 3:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

wow you have just made my day!- would you know where i can confirm this i.e. governing body etc
There's a Barbados embassy in London, I'm sure they will answer all your questions
I could give you the phonenumber020)7631 4975

Last edited by trutje; Jun 6th 2007 at 3:49 pm.
Old Jun 6th 2007, 3:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by trutje View Post
There's a Barbados embassy in London, I'm sure they will answer all your questions
I could give you the phonenumber020)7631 4975
forget that stupid second smiley,I made a mistake!!
Old Jun 6th 2007, 3:56 pm
Just Joined

thanks for all your help, i'll let you know how i get on
Old Jun 6th 2007, 4:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Please do Good luck with it all
Oh quick question; your partner, did he get a job in the construction side?
Old Jun 6th 2007, 4:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Please do Good luck with it all.!!
Quick question; did your partner get a job in the construction side?
Old Jun 6th 2007, 5:08 pm
Just Joined

12ellie12 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Trutje,

Just a quickie- do you have an email address for the embassy in London? I've emailed the embassy (I think in BB) but I haven't had a reply as yet. Ideally I'd like my answer in writing so would prefer an email.

Thanks
Ellie
Old Jun 7th 2007, 1:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 12ellie12 View Post
Hi Trutje,

Just a quickie- do you have an email address for the embassy in London? I've emailed the embassy (I think in BB) but I haven't had a reply as yet. Ideally I'd like my answer in writing so would prefer an email.

Thanks
Ellie
Sorry, I don't. Only have the adress: 1 Great Russell street, London,WC1B3ND.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 2:03 pm
Just Joined

12ellie12 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks anyway
Old Jun 7th 2007, 2:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks anyway
No problem I hope it all works out for you and your family
Old Jun 12th 2007, 1:22 pm
Just Joined

wofbart is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Trutje,

Thanks
Ellie
Keep calling, emails go to barbados and are very rarely replyed.
good luck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.