Registering my son's birth

Old Apr 25th 2009, 11:50 am
Forum Regular

afish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Registering my son's birth

Hello

As quite a few of you are mothers I am hoping you'll be able to help me with this question.

My son was born in England in November 2008, we're here visiting family at the moment and I'd like to register him as a citizen whilst we're here. My partner and I are not married and I've read conflicting instructions on the internet about registering births of children from unmarried partners some saying the mother has to register the birth the other saying the father has to. I am British, my partner is Bajan.

I'm hoping I don't have to go to immigration, they have our passports at the moment as we're waiting for our extension of stay stamps to be given, its been nearly 2 weeks now!

Anyway, any help would be most welcome.

Thanks all!
Old Apr 25th 2009, 5:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

shines will become famous soon enoughshines will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Registering my son's birth

I think you will need to get a form from Immigration and fill it in to apply for citizenship by descent for him, you can't register his birth here as he was born in the UK...

HTH

S