British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Barbados (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbados-109/)
-   -   problem with work permit... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbados-109/problem-work-permit-703714/)

vandam Feb 4th 2011 12:51 am

problem with work permit...

hey guys.
I would like to ask the following question should be how to solve?
I have been work at barbados for 8 years and the company that i worked have been closed down.before i was apply work permit with the former company,but now how can i apply work permit with?by the way i have been register a company at 2004 and i start my own business now.can i use it to apply for myslef?can anybody give me some advice
???or if anyone been this kind of situation before and tell me what sould i do..............thx for anyone reply and post info.....

Serendipidy Feb 4th 2011 9:45 am

Re: problem with work permit...

Vandam maybe you should reread your post and edit as I cannot understand what help you are actually asking for so cannot offer you advice

vandam Feb 4th 2011 10:42 am

Originally Posted by Serendipidy (Post 9151583)
Vandam maybe you should reread your post and edit as I cannot understand what help you are actually asking for so cannot offer you advice

.....sorry because my mother language is not english....
what i want to ask,like i was worked at a company in barbados at the pass 8years. usuaslly the company was apply work permit for me.but now the company i worked was been Collapse.my passport work permit is still with the Collapse company.
situation like this,if i want continue to stay in barbados to do my own business,what should i do next?
i already have been register a company since 2004. can i use it to apply work permit myslef?
or is better to let a lawyer handle this???

vikki85 Feb 4th 2011 11:48 am

As far as I am aware, the work permit you were issued for 8 years would only be for the company your previously worked for. If you wanted to work for a different company you would need to apply/get a new company to apply for a fresh work permit for you.

vandam Feb 4th 2011 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by vikki85 (Post 9151859)
As far as I am aware, the work permit you were issued for 8 years would only be for the company your previously worked for. If you wanted to work for a different company you would need to apply/get a new company to apply for a fresh work permit for you.

thx for reply.
for times like now.can i use myslef company was register at 2004 for apply work permit ???and the company already have business go on.it is possibe??

Serendipidy Feb 4th 2011 1:40 pm

Vandam - I did indeed receive a permit as the director of my own company but each case is considered on its own merit - they will treat your application for a work permit the same as any others and it is not relevant to you owning the company so if you are asking for a work permit for instance to be a waiter in your own restaurant it is unlikely to be granted.

I would recommend any request for a work permit is via a Lawyer as i believe they actually take the applications more seriously however that is more of a feeling on my behalf than a fact.

vandam Feb 4th 2011 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by Serendipidy (Post 9152131)
Vandam - I did indeed receive a permit as the director of my own company but each case is considered on its own merit - they will treat your application for a work permit the same as any others and it is not relevant to you owning the company so if you are asking for a work permit for instance to be a waiter in your own restaurant it is unlikely to be granted.

I would recommend any request for a work permit is via a Lawyer as i believe they actually take the applications more seriously however that is more of a feeling on my behalf than a fact.

i have been pass my information for a former officer to apply for me.but looks like he is fooling me.....always telling me to left my passport for him...when i was called him, he always not answer.....hate it!!!!then i have to drive to his home to meet him.but less than /hour,he will tell me to come another day to do this and that..i am sick and tired of it.....

that is why i posted this topic.... because i want to find out if i can pass all mine information to the immigrant lawyer to apply permit for me with my company...

i been always pay all nis and income tax and never stop apply work permit.

like this kind of situation even the lawyer can't tells me, it will success or not???

thx for your times ,Serendipidy