Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean > Barbados
Reload this Page >

PCC Confirmed by Fingerprints

PCC Confirmed by Fingerprints

Old Sep 17th 2014, 5:54 pm
Just Joined

rainbowsalz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PCC Confirmed by Fingerprints

Hi,

I'm a British citizen who may have the chance to work in Barbados for six months.

One of the requirements for a work permit is a PCC confirmed with fingerprints.

I've been in touch with ACRO who have been useless so far. They have said even if I submit fingerprints, confirmation will not be printed on the certificate.

Does any fellow UK-er know I acquire a PCC with fingerprints confirmed?

Thanks
Sal
Old Sep 17th 2014, 7:51 pm

Serendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PCC Confirmed by Fingerprints

H Rainbow..not sure if you will get a response on this but if not then have you asked your employer as they presumably are familiar with the process and can enquire of others they have employed
Old Sep 19th 2014, 1:41 am

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute

first question.. what is a PCC.. Police Certificate of Character???

In Barbados we have to have a PCC for certain jobs.. it's done through the police and a certificate is given. When my Bajan husband was applying for his US Green card years ago, he actually had to submit finger prints for a PCC from Canada because he had been at university there... .. I'm going to guess that what you need is a PCC from the UK , so what would the local procedure there be?? I don't know what ACRO is so can't help there.. but agree with Serendipity.. check with the employer and if they don't know.. ask them to check with immigration in Barbados to see if they have any info for you. That's the best I can do on this subject...
Old Sep 19th 2014, 11:53 am

Serendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond repute

I had a PCC done(but was a few years back)..yes Sunnie Police Certificate of Character..however the british one refuses to state that you are not "wanted" for a crime so to speak..they just say something like we have no data on our file related to this person..therefore the immigration department made me swear an affidavit to a judge which my lawyer sorted...no reference to fingerprints anywhere..no idea how that fits in
Old Sep 21st 2014, 5:00 am
active again

amherstburgmac is an unknown quantity at this point

I think if you can show proof that he had his dabs taken (i.e. a copy of the prints) and an original all clear letter, that should be OK.
Old Sep 21st 2014, 8:33 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amherstburgmac
I think if you can show proof that he had his dabs taken (i.e. a copy of the prints) and an original all clear letter, that should be OK.
Thats probably the best you will get.
No UK police force will issue paperwork to say that your fingerprints don't match anyone on file, without a very good reason for doing so - simply because of data protection laws.
They will be able to take your prints and give you the form with them on, but thats all. Fingerprints are normally only taken for police checks when there is doubt over the result, ie the person whi the prints belong to MAY have a record. Unless your police check comes back with a possible record they wil not take your prints.
Old Sep 22nd 2014, 12:44 am

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute

so.. in the UK.. does anyone ever ask for a police certificate of Character.. which I'm guessing is being done in Barbados, because it's a UK throwback thing...
Old Sep 22nd 2014, 11:54 am

No idea if its part of the UK Immigration requirement as most brits wont have had to go through that experience...the only time I have ever been asked is for my WP application for Barbados....we do have to be security cleared for certain jobs but does not involve finger prints
Old Sep 22nd 2014, 2:14 pm

never had to have it for any job in the US, even when I transferred from American Airlines in the US to Barbados Airport.. but when I went to work for a Cruise Only Travel agency and was going to be going in and out of the Bridgetown Port doing work some days.. I had to get a police certificate of Character and had to get fingerprinted..
Old Sep 30th 2014, 1:03 am
Just Joined

BigJohnnyRed has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohnnyRed has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohnnyRed has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohnnyRed has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohnnyRed has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohnnyRed has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohnnyRed has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohnnyRed has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohnnyRed has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohnnyRed has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohnnyRed has a reputation beyond repute

Only Police background check I could get for my work permit application was a Disclosure Scotland certificate; disclosurescotland.co.uk, which they accepted once I did a sworn affidavit with an attorney. I don't think they deal with fingerprints, and not heard of this in the UK.
Old Sep 30th 2014, 1:38 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

A UK Police certificate is only for Immigration purposes.
http://www.acro.police.uk/Police_Certificates_FAQs.aspx

It has three catergories that can show - "No Trace" - nothing held on the police computers against you. "No Live Trace" - you have had convictions/cautions, but some time ago. And "live trace" - lists any convictions/cautions in recent years.

Absolutely NO fingerprints are taken or available from ACRO.It's all done online or via post. If you have ever been arrested and charged then your fingerprints MAY still be on file, but you have to apply to the ACPO - notice subtle difference in initials! - for copies, BUT very rarely will permission be given to release them. All due as previous poster says, to Data Protection Act.
When we applied for our residents visa here, we had to get a new ACRO clearance and local immigration office did all our fingerprinting. They did let me have a photocopy of the form on which they were taken - don't know if they were supposed to tho'!
All I can suggest is get the ACRO certificate, then go to a local notary to have fingerprints taken so he can notarise the prints as belonging to the person in the ACRO certificate - it has your photo on it.

If they are asking for a PCC, are you sure they don't mean just the local clearance, which may well have your fingerprints on it?