Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean > Barbados
Reload this Page >

Opening a bank account in Barbados

Opening a bank account in Barbados

Old Nov 19th 2010, 9:58 am
Just Joined

sim26 is just really nicesim26 is just really nicesim26 is just really nicesim26 is just really nicesim26 is just really nicesim26 is just really nicesim26 is just really nicesim26 is just really nice
Smile Opening a bank account in Barbados

Bank account in Barbados

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all

Just wanted to know if anyone could shed some light on how to go about opening a bank account in Barbados. I currently live in the uk, but i am back and forth all the time. When i was last there i was told that i cant open a bank account because im not a resident in the country, while on the other hand another lady at the bank told me i could.

Basically I would just like to know whether I am able to open an account and if so at which banks also what is the best bank to open an account with and the procedure i would need to follow.

Thanks

Sim
Old Nov 19th 2010, 6:50 pm

Serendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Opening a bank account in Barbados

I have both a personal and company bank account in Barbados with RBTT. However you will need to have a local residential address for you to open the bank account. I had to go through hoops to open it tho had to have refs from my bank in england and from personal referees.

The manager at RBTT in Broad street couldnt have been more helpful - there is also a branch up by KFC on south coast.

First National (think thats what the called cos i been away a few months) used to be Barclays Bank so is worth having a chat to them as they must be used to having foreign customers
Old Nov 20th 2010, 7:36 am
Forum Regular

satellite_ian will become famous soon enough

In Sept I opened both an offshore and local currency accounts with First Caribbean. The process is fairly easy, however you do need to contact someone at FCIB in advance as one of the things you will need to provide is a letter from your current bank saying you have managed your account in a suitable fashion.

If you are one of those who are able to put yourself in the off shore category (and that doesn't mean you need to be obscenely rich) FCIB have a Wealth Management division who will sit down with you and go through it all. The process to set up both of my accounts took less than one morning once I had the information for them.

Hope this helps.
Old Nov 20th 2010, 12:49 pm
Forum Regular

expat_wannabe07 is just really niceexpat_wannabe07 is just really niceexpat_wannabe07 is just really niceexpat_wannabe07 is just really niceexpat_wannabe07 is just really niceexpat_wannabe07 is just really niceexpat_wannabe07 is just really niceexpat_wannabe07 is just really nice

I have an account with RBC and all they needed was a reference from my UK bank and an address here.
Old Nov 21st 2010, 9:28 pm
Just Joined

sim26 is just really nicesim26 is just really nicesim26 is just really nicesim26 is just really nicesim26 is just really nicesim26 is just really nicesim26 is just really nicesim26 is just really nice

Thanks for ur replies guys, will look into these and let you know how i get on!