Nurseries for Babies

Old Sep 8th 2009, 6:28 pm
Just Joined

bajanla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Nurseries for Babies

Hi there,
A friend is looking for childcare for her baby - he will be nearly 6 months old. Anyone know of any really good nurseries?
Thanks
Old Sep 8th 2009, 10:41 pm
Forum Regular

afish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nurseries for Babies

I spent about 3 months trying to look for a good nursery for my son, who is now 9 months. I failed. I heard a lot of horror stories about babies being left in playpens all day to cry as the ration of carers to children is 1 to 8. I have lowered my rental budget and hired a nanny. You can get a nanny from between $50 - $100 per day. I couldn't stand the thought of my little boy being left on his own all day. It seems that the best nurseries are the montessori ones but they only start taking children from 2 years old. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
Old Sep 8th 2009, 11:45 pm

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nurseries for Babies

There are several nurseries.. like Daystars, that take children under 2 years old. Sunshine Nursery in Prior Park may (not sure, can't remember) as well. However.. in my experience, you could likely find yourself a child minder and housekeeper all in one for the same price (can't guarantee that but possibly). I hired a lady when my oldest daughter was about 3mths and I was going back to work. her primary responsibility was to look after my daughter, but when she was napping, this lady did some house cleaning, washing, ironing etc.