Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean > Barbados
Reload this Page >

New Hospital and doctors coming in 2013.

New Hospital and doctors coming in 2013.

Old Sep 2nd 2011, 8:04 pm

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute
Default New Hospital and doctors coming in 2013.

http://www.bizjournals.com/denver/pr...s-and-not.html

Not to have another lash out between people but I find this every interesting..

I'm going to guess that these doctors are going to be granted work permits through the Barbados Government AND they also have to take an exam to be able to obtain a certificate that says they can practice medicine here.

should be interesting if it actually happens
Old Sep 2nd 2011, 8:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Hospital and doctors coming in 2013.

Originally Posted by Sunniebgi
http://www.bizjournals.com/denver/pr...s-and-not.html

Not to have another lash out between people but I find this every interesting..

I'm going to guess that these doctors are going to be granted work permits through the Barbados Government AND they also have to take an exam to be able to obtain a certificate that says they can practice medicine here.

should be interesting if it actually happens
It seems that there are many doctors in St Lucia (St Lucians that is) that have grown weary or turned off by the prospect of working here so that may suit them if they make the grade but this is all down to the Barbados Medical Association to control any influx in league with Immigration.

Hopefully this will also be an accommodation for up-and-coming Bajan doctors unless the Denver crew put a "gun" to somebody's head over this.

Sounds good though and for me as well if it offers something I cannot get locally.

Here talk is so cheap. Hopefully there is a better chance of this coming to fruition where you are.
Old Sep 3rd 2011, 12:35 pm

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Hospital and doctors coming in 2013.

My husband reminded me last night the the owners of Sandy Lane Hotel were actually going to do this same type of things (medical tourism, build the hospital) in St. James. This was to have happened a few years ago and no clue if that is still an option.

he also commented.. oh well if it's for tourism certainly the government will not have a problem and these doctors will get what they need to get in.. Not based on what everyone seems to think (or want) these days..