Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean > Barbados
Reload this Page >

New to the forum and with questions

New to the forum and with questions

Old Aug 11th 2011, 6:43 pm
Just Joined

GregS is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New to the forum and with questions

Hi All

I have just joined. I have been reading the forum for last week or so and you sound like a nice bunch of people.

the reason for this post is i am in talking with one of the financial institutions about potential employement and transfer to sunny Barbados.

I am married with three "little people" eldest 4.5yr-old little-miss-know-it-all and twin boys 10months - phil and grant (estenders) look alike.

Before I can make up my mind can you help me and answer some questions.
* what is the avarage percentage you need to deduct for tax/nic to end up with a post tax salary;
* what is avarage cost of rental for a 3/4 bed property as the bracket for the outsider is wide; any regions to avoid; can you recommend any local/decent estate agents;
* how is the entertainment for kids? and wife who will have a lot of time on her hands?
* cost of living ie avarage spending on food etc.
* quality and cost of shopping.
* i live on one of the british islands and the most serious crime is a stolen shopping basket or similar how is it in Bbds? i understand that most crime is opportunity created but i have seen a lot of properties with bars in the windows...
* cars - i belive these are tad more expensive than in the UK

if i have missed something off please feel free to point it out.

all the best

greg
Old Aug 13th 2011, 9:30 am

Serendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New to the forum and with questions

Hi Greg

Welcome to the forum - sorry about your lack of response so far but it may be because the types of questions you have asked are ones that have been answered many many times in other posts on the site - have a troll through some posts and i think most of you questions will be answered - in the interim someone might have logged in who can help.

Your description of ya little people made me giggle lol -cant wait to hear the description of the missus if ya dared lol
Old Aug 15th 2011, 11:31 am
Just Joined

GregS is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New to the forum and with questions

Hi Serendipidy

thank you for your post.

Just to let you know i call my missus SWMBO.... she who must be obeyed.

ATB Greg