New to Barbados...

Old Feb 18th 2011, 11:25 am
Just Joined

tanikay is just really nicetanikay is just really nicetanikay is just really nicetanikay is just really nicetanikay is just really nicetanikay is just really nicetanikay is just really nicetanikay is just really nice
Default Re: New to Barbados...

Thanks Sunnybgi,
I called the NIS department and they told me that I would first have to be in the country because I would have to submit my caricom skills certificate to immigration for approval and then apply for NIS.
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 3:18 pm
Just Joined

Bajeroots is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rachel82
Hi all,

I moved here to start a job in October and finding it pretty difficult to meet people... I've read a few of the threads on this forum and it seems like other people in my situation (single, female, 28) have had the same problem. Anyway, thought the expat world might be a good start... would be good to hear from people!

Cheers,

Rachel
HI Rachel I am from Barbados so if you need a local friend or just someone to hangout with or talk too message me...
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 4:19 pm

Serendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond repute

I would have loved to make more Bajan female friends but never got the opportunity so nice to see someone offer baje roots
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 6:22 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Serendipidy
I would have loved to make more Bajan female friends but never got the opportunity so nice to see someone offer baje roots
No problem Serendipity chivalry is not quite dead ....its just in a coma
have a wonderful day in Canada at the moment taking up some chilling activities.
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 10:49 pm

Serendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond repute

Ooops sorry Baje i misunderstood i thought you were female lol
Old Feb 24th 2011, 12:24 pm
Just Joined

Ooops sorry Baje i misunderstood i thought you were female lol
Thanks Serendipity thats really nice of you to assume but even better to see you have it right now ......what made you assume i was female anyhow?
Old Feb 24th 2011, 12:30 pm

No idea just didint think a man would be direct in that way but then you used the word chivalry which i understood to mean gentlemanly so you have me confused lol - either way welcome and would be great to have a positive bajan influence in the forum - some bajans feel we constantly complain about barbados however its just the case that people come to the forum for help when they are in trouble so its not complaints as such but its not human psychology to reach out for help when ya dont need it lol
Old Feb 24th 2011, 12:34 pm
Just Joined

No idea just didint think a man would be direct in that way but then you used the word chivalry which i understood to mean gentlemanly so you have me confused lol - either way welcome and would be great to have a positive bajan influence in the forum - some bajans feel we constantly complain about barbados however its just the case that people come to the forum for help when they are in trouble so its not complaints as such but its not human psychology to reach out for help when ya dont need it lol
Hahaha quite true, how long have you been living in Barbados oh btw sorry for the confusion.
Old Feb 24th 2011, 8:20 pm
Just Joined

Penstudios is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rachel82
Hi all,

I moved here to start a job in October and finding it pretty difficult to meet people... I've read a few of the threads on this forum and it seems like other people in my situation (single, female, 28) have had the same problem. Anyway, thought the expat world might be a good start... would be good to hear from people!

Cheers,

Rachel
Hi Rachel,

I have been living here for 6 months and am also still finding my feet. Which side of the island are you living on? When I first got here I joined The Cruising Club on the South Coast which helped me meet people.

Cheers,

Penny
Old Mar 4th 2011, 2:30 pm
Just Joined

ann27 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey I'm also a barbadian female who loves making new friends and offering any imformation thats useful. I just returned to the island after a brief live out in Montreal and looking for fun things to do now that I am back here. so if you like feel free to contact me.
Old Mar 4th 2011, 2:57 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ann27
Hey I'm also a barbadian female who loves making new friends and offering any imformation thats useful. I just returned to the island after a brief live out in Montreal and looking for fun things to do now that I am back here. so if you like feel free to contact me.
Hey Ann27 how are you?
Where in Montreal were you i am currently there at the moment
Old Mar 4th 2011, 3:03 pm
Just Joined

ann27 is an unknown quantity at this point

I was in Pierrefonds on the west island, near pointe claire. But spent most of my time downtown.
Old Mar 4th 2011, 5:07 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ann27
I was in Pierrefonds on the west island, near pointe claire. But spent most of my time downtown.
Oh Ok i'm on the South Shore
Old Mar 14th 2011, 1:15 pm
Forum Regular

songbird835 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bajeroots
Oh Ok i'm on the South Shore
Hi, My names Amy, and I've been living here for 7 years now, married to a Bajan now and have 2 1/2 yr old twins, I live in Christ church and I am happy to meet up with anybody.

If i can ever help with info i can utilise my frazzled blonde brain cells to assist!

For the record, the crusing club where i am a member is a great place to meet people. you dont have to be a member to go, but you do need to be a member to use all the facilities, but membership is really really cheap!!

am quite happy to meet up with people not in Christ church as we all know, nowhere in Barbados is far! lol

AMY
Old Mar 14th 2011, 1:24 pm

Hi Amy and welcome - look forward to your contributions

Where are you from originally and what age are you?

What is the cruising club?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.