New to Barbados...

Old Feb 16th 2011, 5:56 pm
Forum Regular

no2son is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New to Barbados...

Thank you,

When I come over in April I plan to cold call a few businesses that I have sent my CV to in the past couple of months via email. Also I need to find an employment agency or five who will send me job opportunities to my email address. I just figured that as my correspondence address is still the UK they sort of just ignored my attempt to gain inroads.

Basically I would rather be coming to a job and not have to scramble for one once I get to Bim. The only people that have gotten back to me are from the Barbados Defence Force. However, as yet I am still waiting to hear whether I have gained an interview.

It is all very frustrating as the day of my moving to the island gets ever closer.

Once again thank you for your help and I will keep looking through the Nation and keep sending the CV's.

With regards

Duncan
Old Feb 16th 2011, 6:14 pm
Just Joined

tanikay is just really nicetanikay is just really nicetanikay is just really nicetanikay is just really nicetanikay is just really nicetanikay is just really nicetanikay is just really nicetanikay is just really nice

Tell me about it. It is getting really frustrating. The nation news does not seem to help as it only advertise in the classifieds. There is no section for employment only. Most of the jobs that advertised are not really for profeSsionals.
Old Feb 16th 2011, 6:49 pm
Forum Regular

no2son is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Tanikay,

I regularly read the Nation on here and have also set in on my Facebook page to try and keep up with what is going on. Mostly looks like hit and miss but it may just be a case of perseverance and patience.

Good luck with your search. If I see anything I'll pass it on to you via PM
Old Feb 16th 2011, 6:55 pm
Just Joined

tanikay is just really nicetanikay is just really nicetanikay is just really nicetanikay is just really nicetanikay is just really nicetanikay is just really nicetanikay is just really nicetanikay is just really nice

Thank you. I guess I will continue checking.
Old Feb 16th 2011, 7:10 pm

Serendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond repute

Your looking in the wrong section then cos most jobs in Barbados are advertised there - the main days for advertsing is Wed Fri and Sun
Old Feb 16th 2011, 7:18 pm
Just Joined

Hi Serendipidy,

Could you direct me as to where to look? I just check the section that say classifieds and then click on employment.
Old Feb 16th 2011, 10:07 pm

Serendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond repute

To be honest I have not looked on the online part for work what i mean is that the jobs are advertised in the news paper. I know there are some things you cannot see unless you have logged in with an account
Old Feb 17th 2011, 11:51 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by rachel82
Hi all,

I moved here to start a job in October and finding it pretty difficult to meet people... I've read a few of the threads on this forum and it seems like other people in my situation (single, female, 28) have had the same problem. Anyway, thought the expat world might be a good start... would be good to hear from people!

Cheers,

Rachel
Hi All,

Does anyone know how to apply for a Barbados national registration number and NIS# from outside of Barbados?
Old Feb 17th 2011, 12:07 pm

Do you have a Barbadian ID Card in order to obtain the NI NO??
Old Feb 17th 2011, 12:11 pm
Just Joined

No, how do I get that? What are the procedures?
Old Feb 17th 2011, 12:18 pm

Umm where are you currently Tanikay? Just like any other country you can only move and get a job and ID Card/Passport/NI no if you are legally allowed to be in the country under various immigration status ie marriage, work permit, citzenship by descent etc.

You have to have legal status in Barbados to have an ID card and an NI no.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 12:25 pm
Just Joined

I am presently in Jamaica and I have acquired a Caricom Skills Cerytificate from the Ministry of Labour here in Jamaica which should enable me to live and work in Barbados without a work permit. Therefore, in this case what do you suggest?
Old Feb 17th 2011, 1:41 pm

Well this is a British Ex pat site so not sure if anyone who comes on here will have the experience to advise you as a Caricom Citizen - I myself cant help you as have no experience of it.

Maybe call the NI department in Barbados and ask them how to go about it
Old Feb 17th 2011, 2:31 pm
Just Joined

Thank you so much for your help. I will go ahead and call the department as you suggested.
Old Feb 18th 2011, 2:36 am

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute

like Dipity, would strongly encourage what you already have done, which is call the NIS department and also immigration. as a caricom citizen you may not get a Barbados ID but you may get some other type of ID that allows working in Barbados and therefore also paying NIS.

Good luck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.