Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean > Barbados
Reload this Page >

Need help meeting new people

Need help meeting new people

Old Dec 30th 2014, 1:55 am
Just Joined

BajanDreamz is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Need help meeting new people

Hi

Myself and my husband moved to Barbados in October this year. My husband is retired but I am early 30's and will be looking to get a work permit (another story for another time !) and both will be applying for permanent residency.
We have bought a house in Christchurch and have been busy doing things around the house and garden.

Now we are settled in we have realised we haven't got to know many people yet. Everyone where we live is extremely friendly, we live surrounded by work professionals who, understandably, are out at work all day and have young families to attend to at night.

Any suggestions or contact details for groups / networks / societies etc would be appreciated. We know the island fairly well. As I have time to spare I have been looking in to volunteering options but again, any suggestions or contacts would be a help.

Also, I didn't want to restrict myself to solely expat groups as it would be nice to get to know all locals, but I have seen advertised the British Womens Club who seem to do some great fundraising but neither in the phone book nor online can I find any contact details.

Any help, suggestions or people free to meet up please let me know
Old Dec 31st 2014, 3:00 am

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need help meeting new people

I have a contact at the british womens club.. it's a good place to start.. will make sure I have her correct number and send it to you.
Old Dec 31st 2014, 2:34 pm
Just Joined

BajanDreamz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Need help meeting new people

Thank you Sunniebgi that will be a big help !