British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Barbados (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbados-109/)
-   -   My Favourite things (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbados-109/my-favourite-things-456014/)

Blazebajan Jun 5th 2007 5:31 pm

My Favourite things

Ok not really my favourite things but after so much stirring of the pot I thought I'd ask what everyone like most about living in Barbados

me, I love the fact that I can walk to the beach every single day!

mizzy Jun 5th 2007 5:48 pm

Re: My Favourite things

sadly not yet living on island. from previous visits know that it has to be the beach, weather and the 'slowness' of living. ............oh and mount gay!

ail38 Jun 5th 2007 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by Blazebajan (Post 4876323)
Ok not really my favourite things but after so much stirring of the pot I thought I'd ask what everyone like most about living in Barbados

me, I love the fact that I can walk to the beach every single day!

Me, well I want to live in Barbados I just need a job!!!! I envy your walk to the beach every day.....I can just imagine it, bliss!!!! Are you from the UK? How did you get a job??

Belinda1974 Jun 5th 2007 6:29 pm

...thats EASY:
Driving around the island, stopping at Barclays Park, walking on the endless and deserted beach, then continue to Bathsheba, watching the waves and surf freaks, feeling the ocean breeze, absorb the most delicious aroma in the world, and at least - having some drinks at the Rum Shop in Bathsheba and just limein with Bajan friends ;)

trutje Jun 6th 2007 11:29 am

Healthy lifestyle, people saying hello to you on the streets, listening to the toads as soon it gets dark, looking natural,not to wear socks and jumpers, the language, flying fish with rise, guys flirting with you then to tell them you're not interested they'll laugh and leave you alone after giving you a handshake, view of the beach, just walking into the sea without freezing to death,seeing all the kids in their pastel coloured crisp school uniforms, sitting in the yellow bus while listening to the music feeling your neighbour moving to the ritme, having a sandwich plus smoothy at Cafe Blue, having family over and they're all jalouse, going to a gigg of my son in a church where everyone just gets up sings and dances, always eating your meals outside, Speightstown, having that relaxed being in heaven feeling,
Ohmygod, I could go on and on, but this are just some of the things I love about Barbados:thumbsup:;):lol:

Belinda1974 Jun 6th 2007 12:57 pm

...how true you are speaking...............30 days left!!!!!!!!

trutje Jun 6th 2007 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by Belinda1974 (Post 4880012)
...how true you are speaking...............30 days left!!!!!!!!

Rub it in:sneaky::lol::wub:

Belinda1974 Jun 6th 2007 1:32 pm

:D

Blazebajan Jun 6th 2007 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by ail38 (Post 4876531)
Me, well I want to live in Barbados I just need a job!!!! I envy your walk to the beach every day.....I can just imagine it, bliss!!!! Are you from the UK? How did you get a job??

I had a leg up, I'm actually bajan by descent, hubby is british and he was recruited by a hotel long before he met me.

wofbart Jun 12th 2007 1:36 pm

Hail the Mount Gay, Sunsets, the music did i say Mount Gay ;)

trutje Jun 12th 2007 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by wofbart (Post 4904249)
Hail the Mount Gay, Sunsets, the music did i say Mount Gay ;)

Are U dutch?

trutje Jun 12th 2007 3:29 pm

First spontaneous reactions from daughter, son and husband:)
1) daughter- Kwame, my "boyfriend" :huh:
2)son _ Chefette :lol:
3)husband -Roti from deli above supercentre Warrens (pig):rofl:

username 34 Jun 12th 2007 3:34 pm

not Barbados ... but close,

things I love:

the people and how friendly - EVERYONE greets you and waves from their cars

wearing shorts and t's every day

hearing my sons west indian accents .... I love it!

the view from our balcony overlooking all the southern grenadine islands

no "keep up with the Jones's"

eating a Roti, and limin outside the village store with the kids

how safe it is for the kids living here

driving a crap 4x4 with no vehicle MOT, dont have to wash it, its filled with sand and crap stuff ...... and nobody cares! excellent!

taking little planes and visiting Bequia and Mustique often as they're only 9 miles away

trutje Jun 12th 2007 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by islandmom (Post 4904776)
not Barbados ... but close,

things I love:

the people and how friendly - EVERYONE greets you and waves from their cars

wearing shorts and t's every day

hearing my sons west indian accents .... I love it!

the view from our balcony overlooking all the southern grenadine islands

no "keep up with the Jones's"

eating a Roti, and limin outside the village store with the kids

how safe it is for the kids living here

driving a crap 4x4 with no vehicle MOT, dont have to wash it, its filled with sand and crap stuff ...... and nobody cares! excellent!

taking little planes and visiting Bequia and Mustique often as they're only 9 miles away

Bajan's are very very proud of their car. They wash them nearly every day but don't judge if you don't:thumbsup:

wofbart Jun 12th 2007 4:44 pm

Baxters Rd, Hotpot, East Coast, my favourite beach Gibbs :D